Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

People should give CM Punk credit?

Everyone who says CM Punk didn't deserve the WHC because he cashed it in while Edge was down, you say it's a dirty move, but you need to realize something. .

1. Edge pulled the same thing when he cashed in MITB on Undertaker.

2. CM Punk did a SMART thing. He knew if it was just him and Edge, then Edge would find some way to cheat with La Familia and win like he did with Batista and Taker.

What do you think?

WQ: What do you think WWE will do with Hawkins and Ryder after the family breaks up?

Favorite Answer

Yes CM Punk should be given credit. Matter of fact he should be given more credit than he's getting right now. Ok so if we're talking storyline, Edge can't ***** because he's done the same thing twice. To John Cena at New Years Revolution 2006, when he won his first WWE Championship. And to Undertaker when he won his first World Heavyweight Championship. It's called karma. If we're talking real life, CM Punk has been busting his *** for years to get where he is today. From his amazing series of matches with Samoa Joe in Ring of Honor, to his stable in TNA named The Gathering, with Raven, Julio Dinero & Alexis Laree (a.k.a. Mickie James), he has taken the nonsense WWE has thrown at him, the stories that he has a bad attitude & he wouldn't fit the WWE wrestling style, to rise to the top & be the top man of the flagship show of not only the WWE, but wrestling period. He has deserved this for a long time, he's worked hard, paid dues, not complained as much as some people have (i'm looking at you Carlito!) & remained popular with the fans. So yes, he deserves a ton of credit.

Congratulations CM Punk!

CM Punk did exactly what a MITB champ needs to do. If I'm not mistaken, all three times the briefcase has been cashed in, it's been against a much weakened opponent (RVD cashed it in before the match started, but Edge helped him win it). CM Punk is also more talented than 95% of the WWE roster.

WQ: I don't think he's so much part of La Familia as team Edge. Expect them to stay a team with Edge and Chavo to form a team with Bam Nealy and someone else on ECW.

Don't forget Edge cost CM Punk the ECW Title in Punk's match with Chavo Guererro a while back, seems like poetic justice too me, eye for an eye.

Plus, if you suffered through and won a money in the bank ladder match, would you not cash it in at the most oppurtune time as well? I sure would have

• garst

Its surely a demanding call. i believe that he ought to quicker or later develop right into a well known man or woman and he probably often is the way ahead for the organisation yet I nonetheless in basic terms can not see him because the international Heavyweight Champion. I agree that he ought to help with the ratings because he's a hell of much better proper than Cena yet when Cena maintains to free the youngsters will give up gazing which will make the ratings even worse. in spite of the actuality that that must be a physically powerful ingredient because WWE would get slightly better exciting and adults would initiate to be the concentrated visitors. Punk is worth of a short run, yet not something lengthy time period at the moment, yet thats in basic terms my opinion.

I never said he didnt deserve it because of the way he won it. I personally love the way he did to Edge what Edge did to both the Undertaker and John Cena. I do say he doesnt deserve the World Championship because he doesnt have the talent or skill to hold a World Title. He is a mid-card wrestler that should get an occaisonal shot at the U.S. or Intercontinental title or a tag title. He simply isnt World Title material.

I Totally agree .... don't forget; that is how Edge won the title from John Cena also .... he's NEVER won a title in a "Clean" match .....

Hawkins and Ryder will go and be a regular tag team as they do have potential .....

• johnqm

I not sold on CM Punk as of yet. Let him prove himself over a few months, then maybe. Let Taker come over and man handle hime for a while,

• Aziz

What about how Edge got the title in the first place. Remember the HELL in a CELL!!

HAWKINS AND RYDER MIGHT TURN on EDGE eventually as the WWE always likes to do. CM Punk did the smart thing, but he's nowhere on the level that Edge is.

Dude that is what i said...............CM Punk deserves the WHC because he used his brain

who cares what happens to hawkins and ryder :)