Jay
Jay asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

I Need To Know The Title Of This Space Movie?

I remember seeing a few clips of it in 05 when my friends were watching it, and I was too busy to watch. But It looked really good, I believe its a movie about space or with space in it. Here are some parts (clips i remember)

+These Astronuants were on some object trying to plant something but they have to do it before the sun burns them alive, and as the sun is coming their just taking off and they leave someone behind and he/she dies. (i believe)

+Some astronaunt or something got sucked into a blackhole and got their body parts ripped up.

i know its not arrmegedon, dang i had a bunch more, but I totally just forget. If i can remember ill edit. Please, just try.

Favorite Answer

The first one sounds like "Deep Impact" (1998). But, I don't think anyone gets left behind. When the sun's rays start hitting them, explosions start, if I recall. One of the men (Ron Eldard?) is blinded; I remember that because Robert Duvall reads to him. Later, he has to pretend to see what his son is showing him on the monitor. They decide to use the shuttle to ram the comet.

IMDb synopsis:

A teenage astronomer and his teacher discover an object amongst the stars at night. Little do they know that it's a comet on a direct collision course for earth. After the teacher dies in a car crash trying to report his findings the President announces the comet's existence. He also states that there is no need to panic, because NASA is going to send astronauts on the space mission, Messiah. Their mission is to destroy the comet before it gets too close to the earth. When Messiah backfires, the President announces that special caves will have to be built, and the government will have to have a lottery-of-fate to randomly select 800,000 ordinary American citizens to go along with 200,000 scientists, soldiers, and other officials. These 1,000,000 people will be set aside to save the population from extinction when the comet hits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In "Armageddon" (1998), Bruce Willis gets left behind to detonate the bomb. I think this and "Deep Impact" were in the theaters about the same time, so they get confused a lot.

IMDb synopsis:

It is just another day at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a few astronauts were repairing a satellite until, out of nowhere, a series of asteroids came crashing into the shuttle, destroying it. These asteroids also decimated New York soon thereafter. Then, NASA discovered that there is an asteroid roughly the size of Texas heading towards the Earth, and when it does hit the Earth, the planet itself and all of its inhabitants will be obliterated, worse, the asteroid will hit the Earth in 18 days. Unfortunately, NASA's plans to destroy the asteroid are irrelevant. That is when the U.S. military decides to use a nuclear warhead to blow the asteroid to pieces. Then, scientists decide to blow the asteroid with the warhead inside the asteroid itself. The only man to do it, is an oil driller named Harry Stamper and his group of misfit drillers and geologists. As he and his drill team prepare for space excavation, the asteroid is still heading towards the Earth. When the crew are launched into outer space, they are determined to destroy this asteroid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second one sounds like "Mission to Mars" (2000), when the force comes out of the Face on Mars. One of them is torn apart by the forces of the storm. This scene happens when the first mission is there. That's why they have to send a followup team, to learn what happened.

IMDb synopsis:

Commander Luke Graham is selected to lead the first manned mission to Mars. Upon setting foot on the red planet, the team discovers an ancient, domelike structure which appears to be a beacon. The dome destroys the team and leaves Luc injured. The recently widowed Jim McConnell leads the rescue mission. When they arrive, they find Lke surprisingly alive, and he has spent the time alone learning the secrets of the mysterious construct. The question now becomes: Do they enter the dome and answer humanity's oldest question, perhaps risking their lives in doing so, or return to Earth with what they do know and return in force with equipment and supplies?

Sounds like Deep Impact or Armageddon

Sounds possibly like the movie "Sunshine". Although in that they are trying to plant a nuclear missile into the sun to "reignite" it

Pretty sure it's "Sunshine" (2007) with Cillian Murphy

dude thatz a creepy movie

ive seen it, but i forget what itz called

i think its Sunshine my friend saw it and she said its really good

mission to mars

ok sorry but that sounds exactly like armageddon

well i tried to rember it but i cant sorry

good luck thow

could it be event horizon it was about a black hole