promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it considered racist to have positive stereotypes about other races?

Like for example if you have a Jewish Dr you feel relieved because Jewish people are so smart. If you go to school with a group of Asians, you just know they will be ahead of everyone else. Or you know that if the choir is black, they'll be good singers? I dont think its racist but some people say thats racist too. But how is it? Its not demeaning or anything. What do y'all think?

Update:

IQ HAS NOTHING to do with intelligence whatsoever. In fact only people who think in a conventional , linear way would score high on IQ tests. Its bunk!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

These 2008 statistics are based on British professors' research at Cambridge University who are experts on intelligence. The research was at a large scale involved over 200 countries with million samples so they produced a very accurate statistics. They take IQ as the basic measurement.

Top 20 nations IQ are

1. Japan: 109

2. Korea: 105

2. Germany: 105

4. Austria: 104

5. Taiwan: 103

6. Italy: 102

6. Netherlands: 102

6. Sweden: 102

6. Switzerland: 102

6. Belgium: 102

6. Britain: 102

6. Singapore: 102

13. Poland: 101

13. France: 101

15. China: 100

15. USA: 100

15. Hungary: 100

15. Norway: 100

15. Finland: 100

20. Canada: 99

However, the statistics based on origins of people are different.

Here are the top 20 race:

1. Ashkenazi Jewish: 129

2. Japanese: 109

2. German: 109

4. Austrian: 105

4. Korean: 105

4. English: 105

7. Italian: 102

7. Swedish: 102

7. Swiss: 102

7. Dutch: 102

7. Belgian: 102

7. French: 102

13. Han - Chinese: 101

13. Polish: 101

15. USA: 100

15. Hungarian: 100

15. Finnish: 100

15. Norwegian: 100

15. Jewish: 100

20. Canadian: 99

This research is also like the research by Prof. Lynn in early 1990, sparks lots of controversies. One question comes to their mind, why Asian people seems to be among the top IQ nations, do not produce that many geniuses. This will be clearly explained when they do more research on number of geniuses per people. This explains why some countries contribute lots to human being while other don't (even they're smart). The statistics are based on number of geniuses or highly gifted per thousand people. These people are typically Nobel prize or other international prize winners, university professors, scientists, researchers, executives for large corporations, billionaires ... In conclusion, Asian people may be regarded as some of the smartest but indeed, they don't produce that many geniuses. The only exception to Asian countries is Japan which is already westernized for more than 300 years ago. Asian seems to be smart on average, but the super smarts are ended up in Western countries. So perhaps, Westerners possess both the geniuses on the high end of the IQ and probably the really stupid people on its lower end?

Top 20 race that have highest number of geniuses per people

1. Ashkenazi Jewish

2. German

3. British

4. American

5. French

6. Austrian

7. Swedish

8. Swiss

9. Italian

10. Dutch

11. Japanese

12. Danish

13. Hungarian

14. Norwegians

15. Polish

16. Russian

17. Belgian

18. Canadian

19. Australian

20. Jewish

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Svet
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I think what you're saying might be a little prejudice.

"Phew! I got me a Jewish doctor. This guy is gonna know his stuff! I feel so safe.."

"Wow! Check out all the Asian kids in my class! I'm gonna ace this course easy-peazy"

That Jewish doctor might not be any smarter than a White or Black doctor. And that class is bound to have a good number of Asian students who are on the same level as any other student.

• 1 decade ago

Racism is just stereotyping according to race. It may be true, it may be positive, but it's still racism. I think it could (well, in theory) make you favor one race over another.

However true it is, it's still basically racial profiling. I think if it doesn't hurt anybody's feelings (including those who aren't viewed favorably in the stereotype) then don't worry about it.

• 1 decade ago

I think you're too concerned about being labeled a 'racist'.

White guilt got you down? It shouldn't. The White race has accomplished more than any race in the history of the world.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Thats like a white person saying "I love ni99ers!".... Do the math.

Gustavo: White ppl havent accomplished sh*t. Its the other races that have done all the work. We accomplished it all. Without us... whites would have nothing because they were too lazy and sensitive to go work out in the hot sun all day. So you can take your bogus website and shove it!

• 1 decade ago

It's racist because you look at their race as the cause of the talent.

• myview
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

And if the Doctor is white? Or if the Choir Director is Asian, then what?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Does no one know what racism means anymore?

discrimination based on race

what the hell does any of that have to do with discrimination, which is a negative thing?

• 1 decade ago

It's bad to perpetuate any stereotype, even if it appears to be favorable on the surface.

• 1 decade ago

No I dont think so,

I say a compliment is a compliment.

As long as you understand that no race or person is just pegged to that one thing and they can do that thing or anything else, they want to than its all good :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.