Anonymous

Why many serial killers are white men?

It sounds racist but honestly, it's not my intention. Ok, first of all, in reality there are many blacks and latinos in prisons, together with all other races. Lots of them kill for money, anger,fear, etc. They usually have evil reason for killing, lots of times greed. But I notice most of cold blooded serial killers (Psycho style) who kill for sports like Ted Bundy, the unabomber or Manson are white. Is there something about the genetic history or predisposition of certain white killers to be weird and crazy? I don't intend to offend anyone, it's just a curiosity question. And I'm only talking about the serial "killers" not the entire white population.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

that IS an interesting question/speculation. i think more white people have issues with power/ego trips and insanity.

• 1 decade ago

It's not offensive and it's a perfectly legitimate question. The problem with asking this question to a population of your internet peers is that most will answer with bias. It may have to do with physical makeup as well as upbringing and early exposure to certain stimuli. If you really are curious you can probably find some a lot of theories and/or answers through google. Maybe this will help: http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/serial.htm

It's just a place to start anyway. Things like this can't be answered easily. Mill around wikipedia a while.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mmm yes I see your point and you do have a very good one. But we don't actually know how many black people compared to white people are in jail, and how many psycho serial killers are white compared to black. All we know and see is what is portrayed through the media. The media are evil in themselves and love to create stereotypes of people. Unless we actually collect accurate data of how many races kill, and this figure would change regularly, we have no idea. So I think it's unfair to say more black people are in jail but more white people are serial killers with mental conditions. And it has nothing to do with race - people kill based on their life experiences, mental capacity and circumstances - not the colour of their skin. (Not suggesting you're racist at all by the way)

• 1 decade ago

unlike most people who point this out you also mentioned the higher prevalence of street crime in non-whites. which causes me to think that some people are just predisposed to homicide. if the backgrounds of these murderers were switched would they still kill? what I'm saying is that maybe certain people just want to kill others and they don't care how. obviously not every thug in the street is a crazed psycho but some clearly are. if they lived in a nice suburban community would they become a serial killer and if some crazy white guy lived in the streets would he have a problem doing drive-bys and armed robbery?

Source(s): some people are just evil despite their circumstances.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

one theory could be some (not all) white men are open to satanist activites (open themselves up to the occult) compared to other races. they are more apt to explore rituals that others would consider taboo (like putting kittens in a microwave and turning it on-iv'e never heard of any other races doing this) and it also could be that they have a superiority complex, in that they feel they can do anything and not get in trouble for it. just as some one else wrote white men have literally gotten away with murder and have been applauded for it ( lynchings) and they can say whatever they want and get a slap on the wrist. so it is no wonder they are the leading serial killer amongst all people.if bundy, dahmer ect.. hadn't been caught they would still be out here killing and cooking men, women, and children. furthermore, the authorities are so busy trying to catch the next minority stealing pampers that they can't see the the good looking white guy that just kidnapped, raped, and murdered the little girl down the street because "good ole Joe is not that kinda guy, he couldn't/wouldn't harm a fly, he goes to church and volunteers with the boyscouts Ect."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could ask the same question about Genocide, rape and tribal slaughter in Africa.

Generally in the west there are few ways for a psychopathic personality to express itself other than crime. Disturbed behaviour is not tolerated for long in any groupas the individual is a liability. Many are attracted to the military but few are capable of operating as a team member.

Western society produces a lot of people who feel aloof, alienated and incapable of expressing themselves to others.

It's always those feelings of social inferiority which produce serial killers. Bundy didn't kill for sport. He killed for hatred. Hatred for himself and of the things which turned him on. He blamed his victims for how he felt about them.

Somebody like Bundy would go unnoticed in Somalia or Ethopia. It's an issue in the west because of how clinical our societies are.

If you get close enough to any culture, you'll find that there are as many weird crazies in any of them. Your question is from a perspective of almost only western experience.

Soulsista, you should take a trip to Haiti or Ethiopia. Your knowledge of cultural occult practice is the most inaccurate I've ever encountered.

• Heidi
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Adolf Hitler's white supremacy genes

• 1 decade ago

Maybe the serial killers think since they are white they can get away with it or something. I don't know but yea you're right there are more white serial killers.

• 1 decade ago

it is true......ive been fasinated with studying the mind and mental illnesses and psychopaths(heh and im white too thats funny!) and ive wondered that too..........alot of these serial killers suffered from a serious mental illness like schizophrenia, and had very troubled lives with alot of abandonment,rejected,physically/sexually/mentally abused....one article i read said the guy heard voices telling him to eat peoples blood, they had a distorted reality..and have a low pain threshold which makes them more likely too not feel emotions............i still havent watched/read anything that says theres a reason why white males are serial killers or genetic thing ..maybe white people arent able to handle an unstable life very well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's because most of the population is white. You don't hear about it, but blacks make up a disproportionately high number of serial killers. They're 13% of the US population, but according to an Oct. 2006 FBI memo, 3 studies have found the black percentage of serial killers to be 16%, 20%, and 20%.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Serial killers are a minuscule portion of the population regardless of which race has more (Are racial percentages of the population considered? Hmm...). There are many more people that kill out of anger or for money (like the ones you mentioned). And dead is dead no matter why someone killed you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.