Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Can you dye rice krispie treats any color?

I want to make colored rice krispie treats. Would it work if i added food coloring to mix and mixed it in?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, add the food coloring to the marshmallows

• Login to reply the answers
  • gaw
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Colored Rice Krispie Treats

• 1 decade ago

Neon Crispy Treats

For crispy treats with a little pizzazz, this colorful, easy-to-make dessert fits the bill. Vary the amount of food color to achieve shades from soft pastels for spring or baby showers to bold "wow" colors for birthdays or get-togethers where fun is on the menu.

Makes 24 (2-inch square) servings

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 2 minutes

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows

1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract

25 drops McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors & Egg Dye

6 cups crispy rice cereal

1. Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with foil. Lightly butter foil or coat with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Melt butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Or for stovetop preparation, melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are melted; remove from heat.

3. Add vanilla and food color; stir until smooth. Quickly add cereal to marshmallow mixture and stir until well coated.

4. Press into pan using a buttered spatula or wax paper. Cool. Cut into bars or cut shapes with cookie cutters.

• michie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

How To Dye Rice

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

add your food coloring to the butter-marshmallow mixture. you'll probably need to add several drops to achieve a vivid color.

keep in mind that you're dying the "glue", and not the krispies, so the overall color of the finished treats will probably be fairly light.

you could always add personality to your krispie treats by covering the top surface with sprinkes (wilton makes cute seasonal mixes of turkeys, shamrocks, stars, etc. with colored sugar). apply sprinkles while the marshmallow mixture is still sticky or they won't stay put. or drizzle cooled squares with icing from a tube, and apply your sprinkles to the icing.

• Liz J
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Just add to the marshmallows - but remember the butter will affect the color. I'd just use Fruity Pebbles though.

• 1 decade ago

what I would do is make them with fruity pebbles. Then you have multi colored treats. I think rice crispies makes a fruit flavored one too.

• 1 decade ago

Add a few drops to the marshmallows after they have melted. It will work great.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Add the coloring to the melted marshmallows.

• 1 decade ago

Yes it will work just fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.