Indy Mac Loans?

Hello all...a question... my mother purchase a house in 2004...divorced in 2005... and has refinanced twice.

She has her mortgage payments up to $1,700/month...interest only loans...she purchase the house for 428K... and now since the real estate market is on its ups and downs..she will owe about 530K (negative) by Sept 2009...and her payments will be as high as $3,900/month....

She works two jobs and can barely come up with the $1,700..she has her two home loans with Indy Mac...ive heard about the Loss Mitigation...and I am willing to help her out in that process...she has never been late on her payments, bills or rent.

what does anyone suggest...will indy Mac at least drop her payments down by sept 2009?

Favorite Answer

She refinanced the mortgage twice between 2005 and now. Did she refinance two houses or refinanced one house twice?

If she has not missed a mortgage payment since her last refinance she can do a mortgage only refinance on both her properies. Perhaps with the interest rate being lowered in the last two years she might get a lower monthly payment.

To do this mortgage only refinance she should contact a mortgage broker, inquire about the mortgage only refinance.Doing this type mortgage all she will have to do is present evidence that she has not missed a payment in the last two years or so. Most requirements are one year.

The other thing you might do is contact her current mortgage company, Indy Mac's Loss Mitigation Department and see if they will do the same mortgage only refinance. Since she refinanced two or three years ago there is a possibility that they mitght use the same appraisal. They sometimes do, and since the drop in the housing market they might require another, but it would not hurt to ask if they can use the same appraisal.

Make sure when you contact them that you outline any potential problems your mother might encounter in the near future with the increase in the monthly mortgage payments.

My first choice would be to do something with the mortgage company your mother is currently using. Failing in them taking positive action, then you might try another mortgage

broker.

The lenders are now looking at ways of helping their clients, more so now than in the past.

I hope this has been of some use to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

I thought Indy Mac went under! I did not know they were still around. If she has not been late, they may do a short payoff on the home.

she can request a freeze but they do not have to honor it. I hope the market comes back for her and all people in their situation