Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

should i lose a few pounds?

im 14 about 5'5 and 124 llbs. ik im not fat but i have a lil extra fat on my stomach, thighs, arms, and armpits. i can still wear a bikini and stuff but i feel i should lose a lil...should i and if i can how?

Update:

omg why are ppl so... i hate girls like u that r insecure about themselves...actually im not. i used to be wen i was likw 12 i hated myself. then i got real and realized im actually very pretty and my bodys not hopeless. i just feel like i coudl make it look even better...if u guys thinks so

43 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Your BMI is 20.4, which is a good normal. Here's a reference chart for Body Mass Indexes:

Underweight = <18.5

Normal weight = 18.5-24.9

Overweight = 25-29.9

Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

• 1 decade ago

you are perfectly fine!!

=)

Here are a few tips if you want to lose weight.

WHEN to eat for losing weight...

• Eat (at least) three times a day.

Because when you eat only once a day, your metabolism gets slower than it already is! That's the main reason. Sounds funny, but to lose weight... you must eat (the right things, of course)

• Eat low-fat, high-fiber foods such as salads and vegetable pastas.

• Your last meal should be before 18:00. Try.

OK, one apple after 18:00

• Don't starve

Starvation is not good for losing weight, nor your health.

Starvation is the worse thing you can do in a weight loss diet.

• Try oatmeal instead of cornflakes for breakfast--eating oatmeal can help reduce cholesterol levels, and its high fiber content will keep you full longer.

WHAT to drink for losing weight...

• Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day !

Can be tap, plain, mineral, sparkling. I just love mineral sparkling water!

This improves your bowel, reduces the "hunger" sensation, and hydrates your skin. Your skin will look much better after the first weeks!

Don't believe the slogan "water makes me fat". Beside being stupid... you might get into serious troubles with your kidneys.

• Drink ONLY natural juices, freshly squized!

Don't drink Coca Cola, Pepsi, Spite etc. during the diet. Even lite or light versions.

I thought this was not possible for me to achieve. Now... I don't even LIKE them anymore!

Nothing compares to the the smell of a fresh natural fruit juice! Not speaking about health...

• Avoid those vending machines by carrying around your own healthful foods and leaving pocket change at home.

exercise for losing weight...

• If you want quicker results - exercise would be good.

But remember, you're not going to attend the Olympic Games! If you exercise a lot - you'll get very hungry... and you'll be tempted to eat more. Don't exagerate!

Walking is fine (but not very slow...) for your body, and your spirit. Half an hour, or one hour /day - it's up to you.

Get fit while you sit new workout program that's the laziest way to get in shape - works almost any place, anytime, anywhere… even while watching TV!

• Start swimming. Swimming is an excellent exercise to get involved with, since it increases blood flow and uses muscles we don't regularly use. Start a swimming program and try to do it 3 times a week. You will feel excellent and rejuvenated.

• Choose an exercise program that you enjoy, and don't shun the unconventional. For instance, did you know that regular vigorous dancing is exercise too?

• Also Cardiovascular exercises such as running, jogging, or aerobics will help you lose that unwanted belly fat. Weight training can also help you lose body fat because the more muscle mass you have, the more ability your system has to burn body fat.

• Don't throw YOUR money on pills, drugs, patches and other stuff like that for losing weight.

The results (if any) will be only temporarily. Once they "cure" is over, and you're back to good old eating habits... back the weight (plus some extra pounds, as if you needed those)

Not speaking about side effects, which often appear during or soon after the "magic" cure is over.

The best way to lose weight is the NATURAL healthy way. Hey, I didn't say it's easy! But it's healthier (in fact THE healthiest way to lose weight), and certainly much, much cheaper. Buy books, read more, accumulate knowledge about losing weight in a natural way.

Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

oh my goodness, you don't need to lose any weight! but i hear you on the whole "wearing a bikini" bit. sounds like you just want toned muslces...i think pretty much everyone's that way.

for your stomach, try doing sets of sit-ups everyday. start with two sets of 30, and then gradually increase your repetitions

thighs: squats, running, biking, etc...just work on these things and over time, they should help

arms: pushups (they're really not that bad once you get good at them). if you have weights, google something like "arm weight exercises" and you'll find stuff to do

armpits: well, i'm not exactly sure what you mean by armpits...but try to do exercises that'll work your shoulders, upper back, and chest. basically, these exercises will most likely alsowork your arms

well good luck. just keep up with exercising. try to do a half hour each day if you can. it may take a little time, but you'll see improvement. listen to your ipod while exercising, it helps a lot. exercise with a friend. set goals. good luck!

• 1 decade ago

NO

will you girls stop asking this

Weight isnt what matters

Ive got two friends with totaly diffrent bodys but the bigger one weighs less than the smaller one

dont worry bout it girl

a little fat is good 4 u

but if u still wanna u should work on your self esteem first and then try cardio 5 days a week and strength 3 days a week and loose it the right way

Source(s): Christian Jesus Luvs Ya!!!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you are at a great weight . love yourself as you are. You are not fat at all . I work out 5 days a week and run that will help get you toned if you feel you need it. Don't obsess about your weight, but exercise to stay physically fit and toned. You sound cute, you are young and it's easy to lose weight when you are your age. Join a gym or start doing some simple exercises at home. Respect yourself and love yourself right now. Take care.

• 1 decade ago

you are a lean weight for your height range but I know what you mean about lose fat. Maybe focus on tone instead of weight loss. Doing yoga or light weight lifting/ sit-ups/ squats/ etc. will tone that area replacing the fat with muscle. whatever you do though, don't diet. It creates life-long bad habits that and it's mostly unhealthy. go to www.mypyramid.gov for more info on how to get healthy but not necessarily "lose weight".

Source(s): i exercise a lot and have taken weight-training and nutrition classes in college
  • 1 decade ago

You're a very nice size for your height. You definitely don't need to lose any weight. Just maintain your current weight by exercising and eating properly.

Check out the chart.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

omg do NOT think you have to lose weight !!!

im 15 , 5'6 and 134 lbs. and im just fine and healthy .

if you lose any more weight you will look too thin ,

which makes you look VERY unhealthy .

its good to have a little extra fat on you

(you have VERY little so dont worry )

because it looks gross when you are really thin .

so PLEASE dont think you have to lose any more weight because you dont. You are perfectly fine,

and without a little extra body fat,

you will look unhealthy, and it is an unhealthy way to live.

• 1 decade ago

no u shouldn't loose weight. everyone has a little baby fat. Just do some toning exercises so the fat will turn into muscle! Tone :)

• 1 decade ago

thats actually normal to have a small layer of body fat over those areas its just now most ppl think you have to see your bones to be normal but as for the anser no you dont need to lose weight if anything just exercise and itll harden but no your not overweight at all

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.