Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Guild wars..?

If mycomputer is good enough to play WoW, will it have good enough specs to play Guild Wars?

I mean, not WoW on super high detail

Just asking because im not sure on the specs of my graphics card :P

I quit WoW a while ago, looking for something new now ;), mudchick or whatever your name is...if you dont know, why answer? :/

• wetcpu
    Best Answer

I don't think you'll have a problem. You can adjust the quality settings on guild wars quite a bit and its requirements aren't that high to begin with.

edit: I see people saying don't bother with guild wars, but I'll tell you why I disagree:

1) It is less immersive than WoW. That can be a good thing: guild wars is fun to play for 30 minutes at a time or a few hours at a time. It doesn't require you to dedicate your whole life to it.

2) There is no monthly cost and your account is kept forever. I stopped playing for over a year, went back and started up an old character again without having to pay any additional money.

3) It has a good community and is a well supported game by the developers.

Both are solid games and it is up to you. If you want to wait for Guild Wars 2, that is perfectly fine and it is stand alone. If you like learning about the lore and are interested in seeing how it changed, then by all means get Guild Wars. I believe GameStop has the complete collection of all three campaigns and the Eye of the North expansion for about $30. If you do decide to get the original, the time you spend there will not be in vain. There are achievements you earn in the original that translate over into nice extras in GW2, provided you have at least one campaign and the Eye of the North expansion. ArenaNet has stated emphatically they will continue to support the original game as long as there are people playing it. However you decide, you really can't go wrong.

Yeah you could play Guild Wars. But if your reason for playing Guild Wars is that it's free to play, you should play WoW on a private server.

Source(s): www.darthlamchop.tk

yes because WoW needs an strong graphic card nd guild wars doesnt need one that powerful

Guild Wars is a bit of a let down have u tried World of Warcraft........?

Oh by the way it takes up loads of space on ur puta.......x

Ooops iguess thats what WOW means....x

yeah probebly

but WoW is better than guild wars :P

I play world of warcraft too.

You may just want to go get a better video card. It will make every thing so much easier and enjoyable!

I upgraded mine and everything looked so much smoother and crisp.

It will be good enough. but Guild Wars isn't a very good game. It isnt fun. :)

More than likely, however, if you want to be absolutely sure use this website. This website will answer your question. It's really great. i hope it helps :)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srte...

yea but i'd stick to WoW