Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

DETROIT KING asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Are you supposed to rinse after brushing?

well i always have but i heard that if you rinse you are rinsing all the floride away from your teeth all this other stuff...but if you don't rinse won't all the germs you just scrubed still be on your teeth .... and also i heard don't use Listerine alot becasue it's like 20% alcohol which is bad for your teeth

Favorite Answer

Routine my dentist told me:

1. Give your teeth a quick brush with just water to remove bits of food and some plaque.

2. Floss

3. Brush with toothpaste thoroughly and rinse

4. Flouride rinse (depending on how strong, sometimes only a couple times a week. Ask your dentist on what they recommend)

If you brush and floss regularly and well enough, you won't need to use mouthwashes often because you wont have bad breath =)

• Ro'

Yes you are supposed to rinse unless otherwise instructed by the toothpaste manufacturer (as is the case with products containing Novamin for example).

You are not supposed to use Listerine if you have a wound in your mouth or if you have crowns because it's bad for both.

My last Dentist told me to leave a little tooth paste on my teeth.

YES, keep tooth paste for a while after brushing, dont share tooth brush with anyone

i always rinse after brushing...and not 2 brag...but i have really nice teeth!! idk good luck!! :)