I cannot connect to Limewire/Frostwire. How can I fix the problem?

I am unable to connect to Limewire or Frostwire. It says that it's connecting, but only one of the five bars turns green. The others remain red, and I cannot search or download any files.

I've read tons of forums about this problem and have tried many, many things. It will not work on my desktop, which uses XP and it will not work on my lap top, which uses Vista. Both are connected to the internet through the same router.

I've already added the application to the list of exceptions for the firewall and have uninstalled and reinstalled both applications, as well as a bunch of other "remedies".

Can someone PLEASE help me solve the problem. It's terribly frustrating.

Also, Limewire didn't do this, but now that I've installed Frostwire, it gives me the following message:

((Frostwire is unable to connect to hosts on the Gnutella network. This is most often due to firewalls or content-filtering software blocking access to Gnutella (port 6346)... etc.))

Favorite Answer

Hmmm looks like the ports are blocked and this can happen due to many reasons...

and main is firewall ...

Try to follow this check list and i hope it will work out.

1- Is that you are using any Internet Security or Total Security If yes (try to disable its firewall and then Try

2- Are you connected to a firewalled LAN if yes then try to use http tunneling i hope it will work for you.

3- if still you cant connect to frostwire ..... leave it try to use torrents now :-)

i think there are more things avaliable on torrents then limewire or frostwire.

If you want to do http tunneling then this site can be of a good help. http://helscream.freeforums.org/proxycap-v3-11-tun...

There are many other softwares that can help you.

I hope that will solve your problem

What operating system are you using? Cause its the firewall setting if ur using XP with SP2 or Vista and what you need to do to fix that is go to control panel then Windows Firewall then click change firewall settings then you need to allow incomming port connections with the Limewire or Frostwire ports in the exceptions tab. If there not already there then you have to find the port numbers and you can do that by going to options in Limewire and Frost wire and in one of the tabs im not sure which one it will give port numbers. Then you go to add port and name it whatever you want but its easier if you put it as Limewire or Frostwire but for me I just name it the port number. Then put in the port number then for protocol leave it at TCP then click ok. Then add another port and name it the same thing and put the same port number then for the protocol select UDP then click ok. It also might give you more than one port number i can't remember but if it does repeat the steps about like when you added the first port number. Also if Limewire or Frostwire program isn't in the exceptions list then click add program and find Limewire or Frostwire and add it and make sure the ports and program are checked in the list then click ok and thats it. Hope this helps message me or email me if you have any problems.

Damn.. i think ur computer is behind a firewall....just disable all firewalls...and virus scanners... then try connecting at different times of the day.. i'm sure it will work.... also try installing limewire again...

maybe your computer has fire wall