I cannot connect to Limewire/Frostwire. How can I fix the problem?

I am unable to connect to Limewire or Frostwire. It says that it's connecting, but only one of the five bars turns green. The others remain red, and I cannot search or download any files. I've read tons of forums about this problem and have tried many, many things. It will not work on my desktop,... show more I am unable to connect to Limewire or Frostwire. It says that it's connecting, but only one of the five bars turns green. The others remain red, and I cannot search or download any files.

I've read tons of forums about this problem and have tried many, many things. It will not work on my desktop, which uses XP and it will not work on my lap top, which uses Vista. Both are connected to the internet through the same router.

I've already added the application to the list of exceptions for the firewall and have uninstalled and reinstalled both applications, as well as a bunch of other "remedies".

Can someone PLEASE help me solve the problem. It's terribly frustrating.

Also, Limewire didn't do this, but now that I've installed Frostwire, it gives me the following message:

((Frostwire is unable to connect to hosts on the Gnutella network. This is most often due to firewalls or content-filtering software blocking access to Gnutella (port 6346)... etc.))