kadanesh asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

Receiving cable channels while having cable internet?

I have high speed cable internet at my home and I didn't choose to have cable TV channels along with it. I have heard that even when you don't order cable TV, you can receive few channels when you get the internet. Is it true?

If yes how can I connect my TV to the cable plug? should I connect it to the same plug which my internet modem is connected (I mean by using a splitter)? Or I can connect it to any cable plug around my house? Should the internet modem be connected and switched on to receive TV channels?

thank you so much,

Favorite Answer

In Indiana I have Comcast Triple Play, Basic, Classic, & Digital Cable w/ DVR (Digital Video Recorder), Digital Voice (phone) & High Speed Internet 12.0 . My Internet & phone come through one modem (Arris), in this case. The installer placed a spitter in line. One output goes to the modem and the other cable output goes to your tv. Call your cable company & asked for a field sales person who can give you a lot better deal then the office. I got everything 1st month, 1/2 price, free installation, & free for one year, Encore Channels, Showtime Channels, Movie Channel Channels, & the Starz Channel. Note: You can buy just Basic & Classic Channels & still get you phone & internet for a great deal on all.