Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did President Bush Thank John McCain for helping pass the GI Bill?

When it's not true?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That's what I would like to know.

McCain opposed and then voted *against* the bill...?

How is that helping PASS it?

• 1 decade ago

In a word SYMPATHY, Fox News and Bush are McCain's only major ally... McCain would accept anything they have to say if only it would transfer into percentage points in the poll. Remember, McCain is always trying to distance himself from Bush to try and "assure" the American people he wouldn't be a third Bush term... BUT... he's used Bush to raise campaign funds at fundraisers... HOW DOES THAT WORK???

Source(s): The news... the real news that Fox News wouldn't know if it hit them in the face. OH RIGHT, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert do that on a nightly basis. SMACK!
  • 1 decade ago

The miserable little Shrub would lie to you about what time it is and the rest of the Republithug Party would too. Bush and McCain fought this Bill all the way !!!

• 1 decade ago

He wanted to give McCain a bump. He wanted to tell the American people that McCain is on the side of the troops.

Bush is an idiot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You mean this?

"Bush thanks McCain for Passing Expanded G.I. Bill After Bush and McCain Oppose G.I. Bill Expansion"

http://www.vetvoice.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1517

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since when did FACTS influence Bush's beliefs?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

to fool Americans in pretending as if this was Mccain's bill when in reality it was Obama's bill

republicans are crooks and liars

• 1 decade ago
    Source(s): wow...the mis-information just keeps coming...gotta admire how smooth and slick the lies are and how well they stick THe funny thing is that I knew previous of the opposition of Bush, McCain and Republicans in general (because they thought the benefits would cause soldiers to quit after one tour). But what i hadnt heard was the overt lie after they lost to the Democrats over the bill....who are they lying to anyway...it sure isn't anyone who knows anything and is certainly people that don't read past the headlines
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I caught that too. Republicans lie so much that they can't keep their story straight.

• 1 decade ago

They think we're fooled because it's in the news.

We're not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.