Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Who will respect Pakistan's sovereignty more: Obama or McCain?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

McCain. Obama has already warned Pakistan he will invade if they don't do what he wants.

"Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama issued a pointed warning yesterday to Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, saying that as president he would be prepared to order U.S. troops into that country unilaterally if it failed to act on its own against Islamic extremists.

"When I am president, we will wage the war that has to be won," he told an audience at the Woodrow Wilson Center in the District. He added, "The first step must be to get off the wrong battlefield in Iraq and take the fight to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bin Laden's probably already in Pakistan. I'm not sure their sovereignity deserves respect. I don't say go to war with them, but whatever aid we're giving them needs to be cut off, now.

Sunflower, you are probably too young to remember the Cold War with the USSR. The threat of mutual annhilation is a great deterrent to nuclear conflict. It's pretty silly to talk about lobbing nukes at anyone.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

McCain will. He knows how to deal with foreign sovereignty having the experience and record of responsible handling of committees. The other guy didn't even held a meeting for his small subcommittee on European Affairs or talk with European leaders on bilateral affairs. Only a forgetful trip with Sen. Lugar to a former Russian state was all he did.

• 1 decade ago

Pakistan? Who cares about Pakistan. Their own government can't do anything about the tribal areas near the border of Afghanistan, never could. If bin Laden is there, and supposedly he is, invading another sovereign nation overtly is about as stupid as you can get.

Which doesn't mean we won't have special forces in there like we already have. But I doubt we'll respect their sovereignty any more than Bush has.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The last time I checked, Osama Bin Laden was in pakistan. And the reason we haven't caught him yet is because Pervez Musharraf is helping Al Qaida hide him. I don't know about you, but it doesn't sound like Pakistan needs any sovereignty for housing the world's most evil man.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well it seems like Bush is big buddies with the pakistan leader that called martial law, threw all of congress that opposed him in jail, closed down the newspaper that wouldn't let the government edit their pieces, etc ... so much so that he gave them OUR money and even sent a few troops. So, I"m going to guess McCain will RESPECT the dictator much more so than Obama.

But as far as your question goes, Obama has stated very clearly that he will work with the Pakistan leaders to find a solution to get Al Queda, but if they do not cooperate, he will work with the United Nations to get Al Queda.

• 1 decade ago

I've only heard Obama say he would invade Pakistan.

• 1 decade ago

McCain.

Obama wants to DISARM the U.S. of nuclear weapons and then maybe start a new war with Pakistan (a country with nukes) . Talk about taking a knife to a gunfight. Obama is nuts and dangerous!!

McCain '08!!

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

obama has said he would go in after Osama...Masharif is barely hanging on because of his support of the USA and taking heat for it. this does not help him and maybe that is why. that is why i think mccain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw2XTC1V4fk

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama definitely,

He has a conflict of interest when it comes to the Middle East. He will always choose what's best for them rather than us.

McCain has no conflict about where His Allegiance is. He proved that in Hanoi.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.