Why do Disney sequels suck so bad?

The only ones that i've seen that are decent are Toy Story 2 and The Lion King 2. After that, all the other ones seem amazingly bad and poorly animated. I mean, if Disney is getting so much profit from Disneyland/world and all their movies, couldn't they afford to make better sequels?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because you can't screw with originals.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Worst Disney Sequels

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

RE:

Why do Disney sequels suck so bad?

The only ones that i've seen that are decent are Toy Story 2 and The Lion King 2. After that, all the other ones seem amazingly bad and poorly animated. I mean, if Disney is getting so much profit from Disneyland/world and all their movies, couldn't they afford to make better sequels?

Source(s): disney sequels suck bad: https://tr.im/BDwgqwhy-do-disney-sequels-suck-so-b...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are entitled to your opinion. Others may disagree with you.

Disney is a large corporation, with several division. The profits from the theme parks aren't shared with Disney Pictures or Disney animation. The biggest money maker for Disney is actually Pixar (owned by Apple Computers, giving Apple the controlling share of Disney).

Disney Pictures and Disney animation do quite well, and does not need help monetarily from it's theme park division.

You always have the option of not watching sequels since you have obviously discovered this to be a trend for you.

Few sequels, not just Disney sequels, can stand up to the original.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i've seen a few good sequels besides those two, but let's face it, the sequels that make are usually to movies based on stories where there is no sequel.

• 1 decade ago

The sequels can never live up to the original movies, especially if they were big hits (like the Lion King, Toy Story). It's hard to come up with better continuation that can live up to the first movie (especially now that Walt is dead) :(

• ... Disney already has all the materials to make a second movie (from the first one) so it costs them next to nothing. Anyone who enjoyed the first one will naturally want to watch a second, so Disney makes a sequel to milk the movie series dry and generate a quick few million bucks

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Because once you see an original twenty years ago and then suddenly they come out with another twenty years later and think it's going to rock there is a problem.Plus the second one is usually written by the new Disney writers and not Walt Disney who was a master mind.The originals are classics that everyone has seen.

• 1 decade ago

The sequels are usually straight to video, and are made to capitalize on the popularity of the first.

They suck because nobody involved with the first movie wants to be a part of the sequel usually. The cast, crew, directors, animators, producers of the first movie are not part of the effort. The budget is usually crap, there is no good direction or story line, the production is hurried and rushed, and the talented people don't want to waste their time.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Toy Story 2 was the best by far. As for the worst, any of them besides Toy Story because there is no need for part 2 except to make more money

• 1 decade ago

because everytime they make a half decent movie and there's a little bit of hype, they feel the need to try to stretch out its fame by creating the sequel and it ruins it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.