Looking to relocate my Electronic fuel pump to Rear frame rail, 1978 Dodge Racmcharger. Buuut...?

I was looking at the lines and hoses for the fuel.. And noticed the line doesn't attach directly to the tank. Theres the outlet line from the tank to a small black junction box. I'm assuming this is some sort of vent, cause theres a third nipple on it, not attached to anything. Anyways. Another steel line... show more I was looking at the lines and hoses for the fuel.. And noticed the line doesn't attach directly to the tank. Theres the outlet line from the tank to a small black junction box. I'm assuming this is some sort of vent, cause theres a third nipple on it, not attached to anything. Anyways. Another steel line runs from this, somewhere up on top of the tank, to something else, (that's what I'm questioning, I want to know what he hell is up there.) Anywhoo. Then another steel line comes back out of this area, and runs the frame rail up to the motor.

I'm going to install an electronic fuel pump somewhere in this line, At the tank area, because where i have it, it doesn't have enough power to suck the fuel from the tank all the way to the Filter, go through the filter, and then into the carb.

So, I've Attached that line under the hood, the steel one, directly to the filter and then to the carb. Now. In the rear, I've installed the pump directly above that small junction box for the fuel
Update: Lines, I've wired it up, it works. Now, i need to know whats going on with that line traveling above the tank, And where is the best place to attach the pump inline. Help dodge guys?

(And Dodge girls.. last time i said Dodge guys, some chick got upset. lol.)
Update 2: Also, Dodge Man.

Do you Use any messengers? Preferably yahoo, If you'd be willing, I'd love to get your SN from you. You help me so much on here already ^^

Just messege me Via Y! Answers
Update 3: No im not the original Owner. Im the 19'th.

Though pretty much everything, i've replaced, due to the 900,000 miles it has. lol.
Its pretty much all new acept for the transmission and transfer case, oh and the body. and most of the electrical, which works fine.