Canon S520 Won't Re-Set Waste Ink Tank?

Hello,

My Canon S520 flashed the code indicating that the waste ink tank (which are really just ink absorbers) was full. It ceased to print immediately without even resuming after pressing the resume button. I ordered new waste ink absorbers from Canon, replaced them, cleaned my printer carefully and thoroughly and proceeded to re-set the printer (to stop the flashes). I did this according to Canon's Service Manual (and others who so kindly reveal the procedure). Unfortunately, this did not resolve the problem. My printer is still flashing the code for the waste ink tank being full even though it has brand new ones in it. It seems that the printer is not going into the "Service Mode." I don't know what to do now and since I have brand new inks and waste ink absorbers, I'd like to be able to redeem this one. Anyone who can offer suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Cher

Favorite Answer

Resetting the Printer

By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset. If there is invalid data in the buffer, or sensors are stuck in a particular mode; errors may occur.

Follow these steps to reset the printer:

Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).

Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared) .

Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in. If troubleshooting a communication issue, reconnect the data cable (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared).

Turn the printer back on.

Note: If resetting the printer does not work, please attempt any other solutions that appeared in your search results.If this is a hardware error on the printer, the printer may need to be repaired.