Canon S520 Won't Re-Set Waste Ink Tank?

Hello, My Canon S520 flashed the code indicating that the waste ink tank (which are really just ink absorbers) was full. It ceased to print immediately without even resuming after pressing the resume button. I ordered new waste ink absorbers from Canon, replaced them, cleaned my printer carefully and thoroughly... show more Hello,
My Canon S520 flashed the code indicating that the waste ink tank (which are really just ink absorbers) was full. It ceased to print immediately without even resuming after pressing the resume button. I ordered new waste ink absorbers from Canon, replaced them, cleaned my printer carefully and thoroughly and proceeded to re-set the printer (to stop the flashes). I did this according to Canon's Service Manual (and others who so kindly reveal the procedure). Unfortunately, this did not resolve the problem. My printer is still flashing the code for the waste ink tank being full even though it has brand new ones in it. It seems that the printer is not going into the "Service Mode." I don't know what to do now and since I have brand new inks and waste ink absorbers, I'd like to be able to redeem this one. Anyone who can offer suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
Cher
1 answer 1