World Heavyweight Championship?

Did the WHC lose what little prestige it had when CM Punk won the title?

BQ:Who was more undeserving to have the WHC?

A:David Arquette

B.Vince Russo

C:CM PUNK

Favorite Answer

If it lost any prestige, it quickly regained it after Punk beat JBL cleanly. I think he'll be a good champion. It looks like WWE is trying to make Raw the brand where the young stars are pushed to title contention. I have to say, Punk is a better champion than Batista.

BQ: David Arquette was. He had no wrestling background, with the exception of that stupid Ready to Rumble movie. At least Russo was involved with wrestling in some way.

Why are you so down on CM Punk? Aren't you happy that one of your fellow Chicagoans is the flag bearer on WWE's most established show?

No it didn't lose any prestige by having CM Punk win and then retain vs JBL on last night's Raw.For WWE to remain popular and keep the ratings, it's important to evolve and develop.It's about time that Vince decided to put the title on someone more renowned for excellent wrestling skills than being simply "a personality who can use the mic".

The ratings have been going downhill as Vince has been more focused on Entertainment, instead of Wrestling.Having CM Punk as WHC champion is excellent, a mat-based technical wrestler with a Lucha Libre style who can bring Raw back to where it should be.

WQ~ it would have to be David Arquette who was booked to win the WCW title back in 2000, purely for comic relief.Vince Russo had been impressed with him in Ready to Rumble and figured he would work well in Nitro's comedy segments.Arquette wasn't a wrestler and Russo said in an interview for PWI's Ultimate Insiders that it was done purely for the publicity.

• If you honestly think CM Punk is a worse world champion than David Arquette and Vince Russo, then I honestly don't know what to say. It's mind blowing.

CM Punk immediately raises the prestige of the world title, especially if he can start getting some good wins and has a strong reign as champ. Even a three or four month reign would be good if he can put together good matches, where he's more than capable of.

The title didn't lose any prestige, if anything it gained some.

CM Punk isn't undeserving of the title at all! At least he earned it (he had the money in the bank briefcase) and didn't sleep with the GM or have flunkys helping him to get it (calm down I know that is a storyline). I'm happy Edge lost it, now maybe he can lose/get rid of Vickie and go back to being a damn good wrestler (I can't stand hearing his entrance music since that whole thing started). If it wasn't for that sickening story line, I wouldn't be so happy he lost. I'm hoping by losing the thing will come to an end.

As for it not being a "real" match, WTF CM Punk got the title the exact same way Edge did! That's karma.

• vv

Its not CM Punk's fault. He has the Money In The Bank, He Earned the Contract. So if he wins that does not make him undeserving, he could have cashed it in for the WWE Title.

BQ: David Arquette

I disagree.. It has lost no more prestige then when Edge won the WHC or WWE belt in the same manner...

David Arquette

• ADH

CM Punk

CM Punk

No.

BQ: David Arquette

• No I actually think it gained in prestige by putting the title on someone who known more for his wrestling skills than his mic skills.

BQ: No doubt David Arquette