I was served papers for an overdure credit card?

Okay so I got served papers for an outstanding credit card debit. The balance is now $6,000, but the credit limit qas $2,000. I had called the company several times to try and set up a payment plan but they were unwilling to take anything less than $500 a month and I can not afford that. It looks like the... show more Okay so I got served papers for an outstanding credit card debit.

The balance is now $6,000, but the credit limit qas $2,000. I had called the company several times to try and set up a payment plan but they were unwilling to take anything less than $500 a month and I can not afford that.
It looks like the papers were filed in January, but I am only now getting them.
In addition there is no court date on the papers, it just says that I need to responnd in 30 days with an official letter.
What should I do?
Update: I live in CA. This credit card was opened in 2003 when I was18 the limit was $2000 I spent the entire balance in a few months and only made 2 payments in 2003. After that I was sent to collections, and have not paid on the balance since. I have received letters from the collection agency, but when I call to settle... show more I live in CA. This credit card was opened in 2003 when I was18 the limit was $2000 I spent the entire balance in a few months and only made 2 payments in 2003. After that I was sent to collections, and have not paid on the balance since. I have received letters from the collection agency, but when I call to settle or make payments the refused to take anything less than 500 a month so of the $6000 they say I owe $4000 is just in interest I really only spent $2000