Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Scheduled C-section?

Does this make life easier for a pregnant woman? I had my first son by C-section and hear that your next child can be done by scheduled C-section. It sounds so much easier than waiting for your water to break and going in the hospital having nurses asking you why you're here. duhh i dunno just on vacation happening to have a big bowling ball in my tummy.

Anyone have a scheduled C-section? Is it easier?

Favorite Answer

My sister in law had a scheduled Csec with her last baby. She is a trendy person, so I think she enjoyed it because it "fit into her schedule" nicely.

I prefer the element of surprise :D I want to give my husband the excited phone call to come and help me labor! Nurses won't be completely retarded about you bursting through the door, heaving and moaning. They'll have one look at your stomach and get you to the maternity ward right away!

I do. It is making it a whole lot easier. I was due on my 3 year old son's birthday, which happens to fall on a Sunday, so my doc scheduled my section for 39 weeks, this way I will be back home to give him a birthday hug and do our usual family party. I had a section with my son and bounced back so quickly so I have no anxiety about the procedure. Good Luck

I wouldn't recommend scheduling. It is worse for the baby to not have labor prior to birth. If you go into labor at least before you have a c/s at least you know for sure that the baby is ready to come out. Otherwise, you increase your risks of the baby needing oxygen and going to the NICU. I still would recommend a VBAC over a Repeat c/s. Vaginal birth squeezes all the fluid out of a baby's lungs, allows for instant contact with mom, skin contact in fact, and is overall healthier than trying to recover from major abdominal surgery and a pregnancy at the same time. I've had 2 c/s followed by 2 home VBACs, and the VBACs were by far superior. The recovery was practically in no time at all, no stitches or infections to deal with. I could nurse immediately after the babies were born. It was wonderful. My midwife took care of the mess and attended to me for the first few hours. Don't schedule out of convenience. Birth is what your body was meant to do. Don't let the obstetrical machine convince you that your body is broken because it's NOT.

Good Luck!

I had a scheduled C-section because of the position of my twins in the womb. If you have already had a C-section you might not be given the option to have a vaginal birth.

Personally, even though I had a C-section I think scheduling one because it's more convenient for you or trendy or something is foolish. It is major surgery and while I bounced back pretty quickly that isn't always the case.

you really should try to go natural if you can!!! the recovery is much easier on you and c-sections are major stomach surgery! I understand that c-sections need to be used for emergencies but just getting one cos its easier is a little silly to me!! i had a very badly split pelvis my whole pregnancy and could not walk for the last 6 months and although i thought they would end up giving me a c=section i still pushed my little man out...and he has a big head and weighed 9p6o..... just let your body do what its meant to do, and yes it will hurt but you can have pain killers!!! if i could do it after all that pelvis pain( and my god it was painful) anyone can do it!! its tempting to get a c-section but you wil feel so proud of yourself for going the natural way...good luck with what ever you choose though and enjoy your little bundle

Source(s): Aussie mummy of 1yr old Iggy

I had a scheduled c section because my baby was in a breech position, but my water broke 2 weeks before, so...u just never know!

Yes Ive had 2 elective c sections and 1 emergency i think for me yes it is less stressful you no when your baby is going to arrive

i had a c-section but it wasnt scheduled. I found it to be much easier and less painful than my first vaginal birth. I would do it again.

i have had four scheduled C-section (not my choice) somtimes i think that im choosing their fate...because in normal situations the baby's decide when they arrive