=]
=] asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Isla Fisher?

You know the actress Isla Fisher? She is a beautiful actress with a beautiful name. Do you like the name Isla? Btw, It's pronounced eye-la.

• iV
    Favorite Answer

I agree. Isla is a gorgeous name... It's quite striking and different, but does not sound out of place amongst all of the little Ella's, Isabella's, Lily's and Emma's running around.

The name has a popular sound right now- the 'i' start (names like Isaiah, Ivy and Isaac are now in fashion) and the 'ah' ending (Many of the girls names in the top 100 names end with this sound).

Strangely enough, the name has yet to reach the top 1000 most popular names (according to ssa). It was last on the top 1000 name list in 1908, where it ranked 955.

The only real downside to the name is the pronunciation issue: while the eye-la pronunciation names sense (because Island is said as eye-land), many people will say it as iss-la. That would really irk me. But I suppose if the name becomes more popular, more people will know the correct pronunciation...

Isla Fisher

• Liz

Yes, Isla is a beautiful name that means "Scottish land" =)

Yea its a nice name and I think people will know how to pronounce it because of her.

It's beautiful but I like Ember.

Yes, to both questions.

nope its sounds weird and people would pronounce it is-la and thats worse

• Sheila

Don't like it

• Ahimsa

i love it! it's on my list.

• kk<3

i like it:)