Anyone else annoyed by the whooping cough vaccine ads on the right?

Posted here since thats where the ads are.

It says something like..

"Whats up with that contagious cough mom, get vaccinated so I wont get it."

I just saw another

"You had me mom, A vaccination won't hurt as much"

It says www.doitforyourbaby.com on it.

Of course it is run by a Pharma company.

"Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines business of sanofi-aventis Group, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to vaccines."

Whooping Cough Vaccine does not prevent transmission or aid herd immunity. Any other Mama's find the ads rediculous?

Its the add that usually pops up for me, but if you dont see it, you get new ads when you refresh.

Guess the ad is beneficial in some way. Ha!

I'm not sure I get, why is it good? WC vaccines do not prevent transmission. The ad is a lie.

ACTUALLY

Not sure where you got yours..

From the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol6no5/pdf/srugo.pd...

The effects of whole-cell pertussis vaccine wane after 5 to 10 years, and infection in a vaccinated person causes nonspecific symptoms (3-7). Vaccinated adolescents and adults may serve as reservoirs for silent infection and become potential transmitters to unprotected infants (3-11). The whole-cell vaccine for pertussis is protective only against clinical disease, not against infection (15-17). Therefore, even young, recently vaccinated children may serve as reservoirs and potential transmitters of infection.

You can also read the vaccine insert.

Favorite Answer

Extremely annoyed. We decided not to vaccinate and did as much research on risk vs. benefit as possible before making that decision. Scare tactics piss me off and I get really tired of being subjected to pro-vax propaganda on every flipping vaccine-related question I answer on here, pretty sure they are doing that on purpose via keywords.

My daughter have gotten the vaccine. And I have gotten a recent booster. The main reason was a few years ago I worked as TA at a middle school. We had an outbreak of whooping cough go through the school. Many children got it as because the never had the original vaccine or theirs wore off (as it can after 12 years or so) and several teachers got it as well. All of these people were fine after a week or so, but I can completely understand now how whooping cough could be serious for young children and infants. It is not to be taken lightly, especially when there is a vaccine to prevent it.

Whooping cough and its prevention remains a conundrum. It's a bad disease, especially in small infants. In earlier decades 5000+ children every year died of pertussis in the USA. Additionally the old whole cell vaccine caused a lot of reactions, mainly fever, but also screaming and intense irritability. Furthermore, not everyone who got the vaccine developed protective antibodies. But the more recent acellular vaccine causes many fewer reactions and a higher percentage of protective antibodies.

As to the ad, it's a mixed bag. I've seen kids with whooping cough, and I can't help cringing when people opt out of an effective, albeit imperfect, vaccine.

Nope, not annoyed...because I've seen much worse ads on the net...and besides that, we live in a free country where people can do pretty much whatever they want besides kill somebody...so no, a little advertisement does not annoy me. That was the question, right? This sounds more like a rant and opinion to me.

lol....it is on my screen right now!

I do find it annoying.

But it was actually helpful the other day when I answered a question someone asked about whooping cough. They wanted to know what it sounded like, so I told to click on the ad to hear!!!

I as well as my 4 siblings were never vaccinated...and I CHOSE NOT to vaccinate my 4...I am dedicated to making sure my Children's Immune systems are up to Par to fight off infections and diseases naturally...than giving them injections of a foreign substance that can be detrimental or EVEN deadly....

Source(s): Father Orthopedic Surgeon 38 years Mother PHd in Pediatric Nutrtion 40+ years Myself Neuro Therapist

just ignore it.......i think its good though! i had whooping cough...and it was like the worst thing ive ever experienced lol.

huh? how do you know it doesnt help at all? surely they wouldnt just be giving people shots for no apparent reason. whatever though, id rather people be aware of whooping cough....its an ad, there is going to be an ad there....does it really matter WHAT the ad is?

• I have Never been vaccinated by my Mother and Fathers Choice....Don't I look Nice and Healthy...(see Avatar) and neither have my brother and sister...

No, it doesn't annoy me. Ads are there, ignore them. And the whopping cough vaccine is very important. Though not deadly to adults and teens, it is deadly to young children and babies. WHne my brother was young, my dad passed it to him and he almost DIED. I WILL NOT allow this to be an option in my household.

Source(s): Mommy of a vaccinated month old

Nope. The vaccine is safe and effective. Not sure where you got your MD.