Would You Sign The Paper To Allow Your 17 Year Old Son To Get Tattooed?

I don't know if anyone's been here before but I will ask anyway. My son has been into tattoos for a long time; he even draws designs himself that he wishes to have done and he is considering becoming a tattoo artist. However, the laws where we are say that if you are under the age of 18 your parent or... show more I don't know if anyone's been here before but I will ask anyway. My son has been into tattoos for a long time; he even draws designs himself that he wishes to have done and he is considering becoming a tattoo artist.

However, the laws where we are say that if you are under the age of 18 your parent or guardian have to sign a form allowing their minor to be inked. I've been down to the tattoo parlor myself and spoke to the artist there and he said that it is not recommended to tattoo someone under the age of 16. That is because your body might not be fully grown/developed and the person might not be able to take what is involved with the procedure.

My son is hell bent on getting inked at 17 and will not wait a year until he is 18. We have been considering signing the paper but I would like to hear other input. Would you allow your child to be inked as a minor?