Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What does "la flia" mean? I believe it is colloquial Spanish. Thank you.?

Favorite Answer

Mara is right. Usually in text messages "familia" is abbreviated "flia". Just in that case.

Otherwise, there is not word spelled "flia".

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avPHd

To me the word BELIEVE suggests that you take as fact something for which you have no empirical proof. eg I believe in God, I believe that I have a soul, I believe that God says I can't have a blood transfusion, I believe that if I covet my neighbour's donkey (system won't let me say a$s) I may not go to heaven, I believe in UFOs etc. If we use the word BELIEVE to mean that we accept a particular explanation as the best answer based on all the knowledge we have at hand then, sure atheists believe in all sorts of stuff. I Believe that failing some cataclysmic event (or clouds) the sun will come up tomorrow. I believe that evolution provides the best theory on how we came to be the way we are today. And here's something I realised just the other day. Everybody believes in the supernatural. Before you scoff... Unless we already know everything there is to know AND nature refers to the material universe and its phenomena as we know it THEN what we don't know is beyond nature (supernatural). There are a lot of beliefs that you can have and God is just one of them.

Fila In Spanish

I have never heard of Flia.

If it is FILA, then it means (the) row, line (as in standing in line), file.

The same goes for Italian, they use the same word.

For example:

1) Nos vamos a sentar en la primera fila del teatro: we will seat in the first row of the theater.

2) Estoy haciendo la fila: I am in line.

I think it refers to the family ( short expresion for familia)