What happens if a Pacific Ocean shark stops swimming??

If one of those sharks that's constantly below the surface but in the Pacific, like in the middle where it's deepest or where a trench may be underneath. If a shark falls asleep or stops swimming will it plunge into the abyss and be annihilated by the extreme pressures?? Or do they never stop swimming, they... show more If one of those sharks that's constantly below the surface but in the Pacific, like in the middle where it's deepest or where a trench may be underneath. If a shark falls asleep or stops swimming will it plunge into the abyss and be annihilated by the extreme pressures?? Or do they never stop swimming, they MUST rest.
Update: And [NO] I am not pondering about the breathing system or how it works, I understand that I'm talking about simply sharks plunging into the abyss due to swim exhaustion or simply sleeping. Surely a pacific shark must rest in the thousands of miles of deep sea.
1 answer 1