Christening gift? Please help!!?

Hi I need to buy a Christening gift for a baby boy who I babysit on occasion. He's 10 months old. I'm not actually a relative so I thought buying something silver/jewellery was a bit over the top? I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable by going 'over the top'! I've actually never... show more Hi
I need to buy a Christening gift for a baby boy who I babysit on occasion. He's 10 months old. I'm not actually a relative so I thought buying something silver/jewellery was a bit over the top? I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable by going 'over the top'! I've actually never even been to a Christening before, so I'm really not sure what to buy. I've heard silver and jewellery are common to buy, is that too over the top? Any other ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
Update: I'm not actually related to this child at all. I get along very well with the family.
Update 2: And maybe something unusual? I don't want to get the same as everyone else!