How long after bankruptcy will I be able to qualify for a home loan?

My husband and I are considering filing bankruptcy because of some past credit problems. I am in my last year of college, and I going directly into my master's which will take another two years. After that, I will start having to paying back my student loans. We hope to be able to qualify for a home loan... show more My husband and I are considering filing bankruptcy because of some past credit problems. I am in my last year of college, and I going directly into my master's which will take another two years. After that, I will start having to paying back my student loans. We hope to be able to qualify for a home loan after I am established with a job for a year or two. Would it be best to not file bankrupcy or will filing bankruptcy and paying on time look better to creditors on top of paying back student loans?
Update: Dont_taz: I will not "forgo" for further education because that is not an option. I have 18 hours left to graduate, and I have a 4.0 GPA. My major is Speech Pathology which doesn't do me much good without a Master's degree. I have worked hard for what I have done, and I can't just give it... show more Dont_taz: I will not "forgo" for further education because that is not an option. I have 18 hours left to graduate, and I have a 4.0 GPA. My major is Speech Pathology which doesn't do me much good without a Master's degree. I have worked hard for what I have done, and I can't just give it up. Besides, I would put us in a bigger hole because I would have to start paying back my student loans in 6 months if I quit college (without a degree and no qualifications for a decent paying job). Our financial problems occurred because my husband has epilepsy, and he had a seizure on the job and they laid him off. On top of that, I found out I was pregnant (with no insurance because he had lost his job). He found another job which would not pick me up on insurance, and I have medical bills from the pregnancy. To make matters worse, my daughter had a fatal disease, and she died. We were just trying to find some way to wipe the slate clean, so to speak.