What is a "marquee" with respect to weddings?

Every so often I see this term and all I can imagine is the sign outside of a movie theater - LOL! And I just can't imagine people putting up signs regarding their wedding at the local movie theater. I'm guessing this is just another term for something I am actually familiar with but don't know it... show more Every so often I see this term and all I can imagine is the sign outside of a movie theater - LOL! And I just can't imagine people putting up signs regarding their wedding at the local movie theater.

I'm guessing this is just another term for something I am actually familiar with but don't know it by the name "marquee".

Such as "stag", "doe", "buck", "hen" nights. I've only ever used the terms bachelor and bachelorette party.

So, fine YA folks, please clue me in to the wedding-related meaning of the term "marquee".
THANKS!!