poop
poop asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Best Stephen King short story/novella?

I'm stuck between The Shawshank Redemption and The Body (both novellas and from Different Seasons)

Although, Autopsy Room Four, Ride The Bullet, 1408 (all from Everything's Eventual), Survivor Type, and Word Processor of the Gods (both from Skeleton Crew) were all good. I wasn't too wild about Night Shift (I think his first SS collection), and Nightmares and Dreamscapes was just ok.

Best Answer

omg i have skeleton crew and it rocks XD

I think a good one is the raft and the mist/fog(cant remember).

The mist/fog rocked!!

Good luck,hope this helped ^^

ROCK ON!!! I LOVED The Body, one of my all time favorite pieces of literature of all!!! I read it over and over when it first came out and still reread it occasionally now...for some reason, it's haunted me and I don't know why. I even love Stand by Me and I usually hate it when a novel is turned into a movie.

Different Seasons was good, loved "Apt Pupil" and "Rita Hayworth & Shawshank Redemption" was awesome and "Breathing Lessons" was pretty creepy.

I also loved "Children of the Corn" from Night Shift, I'm sorry you didn't like Night Shift but I like it better than Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Great question!!!

• I love most of his books. Everything you named is awesome...however I think my favorite he ever wrote is "Bag Of Bones". It's a great book. I don't know if you've read it or not, but you can't put it down until your done.

Also, I love "The Girl that Loved Tom Gordon". Most of his books are great. I didn't like Dreamcatcher, though.

Shawshank beats The Body on my list, however on my list it would be Bag Of Bones and The Stand.

I have to say this though..for his books to be so great....the movies don't do them justice at all. The only movie that did was "Secret Window". Have you seen the short movies for "Everything's Eventual"? They did the Autopsy Room Four..and I was so disappointed.

Love the books way better.

My favorite novella is Rage. Don't know why; I just like it. As for short story, hmm....there's so many to choose from! I always liked Survivor Type, morbid, but fascinating.

My favorite Stephen King novella is The Body.

For short story I pick The Man in the Black Suit.

The Shawshank Redemption is the best.

|<rypton

Popsy is my favorite short fiction from Mr. Stephen Edwin King. Though The Night Flier is also a good short story.

Night Shift was my favorite, especially Children Of the Corn! The movie butchered the story completely, though.

While I love every story and novella you mentioned, my favorites are WORD PROCESSOR OF THE GODS & THE MIST.

I liked the Shawshank redemtion. I read that book too. NIce choice!