What does TRD and SR5 mean in reference to Tacomas?

I want to buy a Tacoma but I'm ignorant of what these terms mean. It will be my first truck and I can only afford used.

Favorite Answer

TRD - Toyota Racing Development

SR5 - Sport Rally 5

These are options / packages developed to include several accessories in the Tacoma to improve performance and appearance depending on your needs.

• Lauren

TRD-Toyota Racing Developement , parts to upgrade your truck for a serious more powerful type of engine like adding a Supercharge.SR5 is for regular 6cylinder whether 4x4 or 4x2.Prerunner is a type of pickup with or without extra cab,where the back is expose with no enclosure. If I hear Tacoma, I think about toyota pick-up trucks

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): trd sr5 reference tacomas: https://shortly.im/wikNu
  • quest

Trd Sr5

it all depends on the vehicle...

TRD: stands for Toyota Racing development.

The TRD package is deferent on every Toyota vehicle, on a Tocoma, i believe, it has better off-rode suspension, auto locking differentials, engine, transmission and diff skid plates, wheel flairs on some.

SR5 in todays market, is just another trim level, bucket seats (not leather), and a manual transmission in an option.

back in the day SR5 had a different meaning....the 'S' denoted Sport, 'R' denoted the RN motor code, and '5'

denoted the 5-speed transmission...so back in the day an SR5 was not available with an auto, but today it is! and today the engine code is not RN anymore.

Trd means ,Toyota Racing Divison...It,s a package offered by toyota...It usually has an electric locker with a suspension upgrade...The SR5 is also a package,it,s got nicer interior( bucket seats) with a 5 speed tranny...

Source(s): 25 year toyota owner
  • Evgeni

Toyota Racing Development

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Racing_Develop...

I'm not sure what SR5 is.

Toyota Racing Developement.

sr5 is idk.