What does TRD and SR5 mean in reference to Tacomas?

I want to buy a Tacoma but I'm ignorant of what these terms mean. It will be my first truck and I can only afford used.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

TRD - Toyota Racing Development

SR5 - Sport Rally 5

These are options / packages developed to include several accessories in the Tacoma to improve performance and appearance depending on your needs.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Lauren
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

TRD-Toyota Racing Developement , parts to upgrade your truck for a serious more powerful type of engine like adding a Supercharge.SR5 is for regular 6cylinder whether 4x4 or 4x2.Prerunner is a type of pickup with or without extra cab,where the back is expose with no enclosure. If I hear Tacoma, I think about toyota pick-up trucks

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does TRD and SR5 mean in reference to Tacomas?

I want to buy a Tacoma but I'm ignorant of what these terms mean. It will be my first truck and I can only afford used.

Source(s): trd sr5 reference tacomas: https://shortly.im/wikNu
  • quest
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Trd Sr5

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it all depends on the vehicle...

TRD: stands for Toyota Racing development.

The TRD package is deferent on every Toyota vehicle, on a Tocoma, i believe, it has better off-rode suspension, auto locking differentials, engine, transmission and diff skid plates, wheel flairs on some.

SR5 in todays market, is just another trim level, bucket seats (not leather), and a manual transmission in an option.

back in the day SR5 had a different meaning....the 'S' denoted Sport, 'R' denoted the RN motor code, and '5'

denoted the 5-speed transmission...so back in the day an SR5 was not available with an auto, but today it is! and today the engine code is not RN anymore.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Trd means ,Toyota Racing Divison...It,s a package offered by toyota...It usually has an electric locker with a suspension upgrade...The SR5 is also a package,it,s got nicer interior( bucket seats) with a 5 speed tranny...

Source(s): 25 year toyota owner
  • Evgeni
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Toyota Racing Development

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Racing_Develop...

I'm not sure what SR5 is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Toyota Racing Developement.

sr5 is idk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.