What's your worst concert experience?

It doesn't have to pertain to the band. It could be anything random that has happened.

I was at the venue getting ready to go stand in line, then I noticed I had locked my keys in the car, along with my tickets!

I had to pay out the @ss to get a locksmith on a Sunday, lemme tell you! But, it was a great show, so all worth it in the end. :-)

What's yours?

Season Of The Witch/ Shades-Wow! Your experiences make mine seem like nothing! :0

Riki'- Sucks, but d@mn did you make out in the end!! I'd kill to be 6th row!

Fonz- I had a similar experience at Rush. Some guy sitting right next to me kept yelling "ROCK & ROLL!!!" between songs. I, like you, would've LOVED to hear what Ged was saying :P

Music Fan- Man! At least most of us had an all around good time after our misfortunes, yours just sucked all together! :-(

Best Answer

This isn't nearly as rotten as any of the others, but still pretty frustrating....

I wanted to see a Jethro Tull concert in Eastern Massachusetts, but at the time I didn't have a car - and there was no public transportation available to & from the venue. I talked a coworker into coming along, but he wanted the cheap lawn-seating tickets. I decided I'd rather see the show and be a mile from the stage than not see it at all, so I bought the cheap tix for us.

Concert day - we got stuck in traffic getting there, and missed the first half of the opening act's set (Fairport Convention - another group that's a favorite of mine). The sound was awful, and sounded out of phase, somehow, which I didn't think was possible at an outdoor gig. Auspicious beginning to the evening.....

Eventually, Tull came onstage, and once the band started up it was the same problem with the sound. Plus, Dave Pegg's bass sound was practically invisible for the entire show. Of course, being a bass player, I wanted to hear how he played old Tull chestnuts like "Aqualung" et al, so that was a real disappointment.

Leaving the venue was problematic also, and it took an hour just to get out of the enormous parking area & onto the highway. Then my colleague realized he forgot to bring the directions that I'd given him the day before, and he didn't know how to get to my place. After getting thoroughly lost, he eventually dropped me off around 3 AM (yawn). Of course we had to work that same day. Oh boy....

All in all, a just-plain-lousy concert experience. He hated the sound also, and wasn't that much of a Tull fan to begin with. Suffice it to say the coworker & I didn't go to any more concerts together after that.

• Susan

I guess it would have to be the infamous Rolling Stones concert at Altamont. Although the music was great all day, as it got dark the mood went south- the Hells Angels (concert security) clashed repeatedly with the crowd at the front of the stage, causing repeated interruptions in the performances. By the time the Stones came on the situation was pretty frenzied; every few minutes we had to back up several feet as the Angels waded into the crowd swinging pool cues, then we'd all move back up until the next incident. We found out the next day that a kid (17 yrs old) from my high school had been killed. From a musical standpoint, it was excellent, but as an experience it was very unpleasant.

It was an Aerosmith / Pat Travers show at Long Beach arena in the early 80's. That was when Joe Perry and Brad Whitford left the band and had the two scab's Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay on board, so..ya know i was only there for Pat Travers , PT opening the show of course. Pat got screwed majorly - they gave him half the PA power , and half the lights, and in between every song, they'd cut the lights and you'd see a few Aerosmith roadies run out onstage and run duct tape and cables, getting a head start on their spot. Bummer. Pat was a trooper though , and as a player myself , i knew he was the better act.

I scored 4 tickets to Van Halen at Staples Center thru my old boss who's production company I worked for back in my roadie days. It was gonna be me, my boss,the assistant manager and an LA Times Rep.

We get to the venue and are denied entry because we are told the tickets are no good, that these tickets were cancelled and resold.We couldnt get in. The next day I got grief from my 2 bosses.

I called ticket master to see what was going on but because it was Thanksgiving week, all the supervisors were on vacation and wouldnt back in until monday. On Monday a supervisor calls me and I explain to them what had happened.

It turned out that some one had 4 tickets to Van Halen but had to cancel due to a death in the family and they accidently cancelled my tickets by mistake. As luck would have it, there was a show and the Honda Center down the street from my house in a couple weeks.

At first she offered luxury box seats and I said no, not for a concert. She then offered 26th row on the floor. I told her,"Look, I'm an ex roadie and I've delivered tickets for you guys before, I KNOW there are VIP tickets available with in the first 10 rows and after what you put me thru, I think I'm entitled to 4 of those". She said she would see what she could do and call me back. 5 mins later she called and got me 6th row center =)

First Concert - Ozzy osbourne, 1982......My friend drove and we had a great time...plenty of illegal drinking and the like. As we are leaving, some drunk smashes into the side of his car and we have to wait for the cops. Fortunately, the other guy was so stoned, the cops never checked us, but he got an earful from his parents when we got home.......he was just 16 and had his license for about two months.

My brothers car was towed at a concert in the middle of the ghetto in Connecticut.

We had to walk half a mile just to find a phone to call our father to help (we live about 2 hours away). It was November, very cold.

We sat behind a convenient store, so we didn't get arrested for loitering for about an hour.

I got home at around 8 in the morning and had to work at 12.

It was okay though. I got to meet the band.

The BoDeans in Columbus, Ohio, 1989.

WHY: there were two females (over 21, it was a club) standing next to me in front of the stage. After the band started a song, they would shriek like Jonas Brothers fans for two seconds, then look up at an amplifier (where the set list was posted), read what the next song was, then start talking about it -- "oh, that's my favorite song!" "Oh, I love that song so much!" So, when that "next song," their "favorite" that they "love so much" started, they'd scream, then look up at the set list, and start discussing the next song -- all without listening to the current one. This went on for the ENTIRE CONCERT.

Well, like you, I determined NOT to let this ruin my concert memory, but I saw The Who in 1980 in Denver, and we parked under the freeway, rather than pay to park in the parking lot. When we got back out to the van, it had been broken into.

The stereo and the CB had been messed with, but then the thieves (obviously) saw my backpack... I was only in town for the weekend, while living a couple hours away... and they ransacked it and made off with my favorite skirt and make up and stuff like that!

My brother was like, the thieves must've been GIRLS! LOL

When I went to see the Cure, we had terrible seats (the lady at tickemaster was dumb and told us those were the best seats in the house) and then some guy spilled all his beer all over my friends bag and then just left without even apologizing so the whole way home we smelled like drunks which is somethin we aren't.

The Cure was amazing though.

the only concert i have been to was a Rush Concert, which was an awesome concert by the way. the guy behind me spilled his beer down the back of my shirt. he only said woops, and it was alot of beer. it ticked me off, but luckely for him rush took the stage about 2 mins after that. It was the most amazing thing i have ever seen, so i forgot about the big wet spot on the back of my shirt and i enjoyed the greatest band in the world, RUSH!!!!