Vaginal irritation and Burning with assoication of Chlorine in the pool a week ago?

1 week ago today my bf and I went swimming i wore swimming trunks didnt have a bathing suit.. the next day I went to pee It itched on the inside and I felt some swelling... All week I have been itching and burning... I used medicated douche and it burned like hell. I started cycle wednesday and the doc couldnt perform pap she gave me Diflucan 2 pills one for this week one for next week.. I cant have sex because it burns on the inside.. I need some answers here. PLEASE What the hell is wrong with me. Someone help me please

Update:

I want real answers NOT smart @ss ones.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well first, douching can cause so may infections and can make an existing infection worse. So dont do that anymore. You may have come in contact with an irritant in the water if you have had no previous sensitivity with chlorine. The only thing you can do right now is stay out of the pool, drink lots of water and wait it out untill your cycle is over, then go back to your doctor and have a PAP , she will be able to tell you what is actually going on and get the problem taken care of.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe the swim trunks gave you an allergic reaction. Don't use a douch it makes it worse. If you've ever been to the "woman doctor" they tell you don't use those because you can actually get a yeast infection. Which is probably what you have if you are itching. You also said it burns on the inside if you have sex...well that could be a sign of Chlamidya or something. You probably had some kind of allergic reaction, yeast infection or STD. Go back to the doctor and tell them about it.

• 1 decade ago

it may just be a severe irritation or infection. yeast infections are common after swimming- the yeast thrives in a moist environment. Difulcan is used for treating fungal (yeast) infections. If it does not clear up, your doctor will likely be able to do more tests to find out what type of infection/irritation it is and will be able to treat it better.

• 1 decade ago

Did you wear someone elses swimming trunks?? After you go swimming you are supposed to change to dry undies immediately, did you do this?? See your Gyne for meds asap!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Go back to the doctor.

• 1 decade ago

I say you go ahead get rid of it and get a new one.

• 1 decade ago

ur growing teeth in there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.