Female FBI agents in fictitious tv shows shown as strong....?

and some of the men on there respect others especially women. Is this coincedence or is that a mandatory thing to do have in real life as an FBI Agent? In real life are women treated with respect more by their coworkers if they're an FBI agent or other powerful job? Are the women in powerful careers usually strong or a must have trait for the job?

I KNOW it's not real and yadeda and it's meant to attract such and such. So just answer my question.

I'll give you some examples of fictional shows:

Bones

CSI

Law and Order

Xfiles

Favorite Answer

The female NSA/CIA/FBI/Secret Service agents I've known have all been treated with respect. But keep in mind that these are positions where everyone has to undergo a thorough background check as well as (at least in the case of the FBI) pass multiple regular polygraphs. They deliberately weed out anyone who will rock the boat or cause problems. Also, the people who work these kinds of jobs are self-selecting. They're a very different breed from those who work factory jobs, for example. So I think it's a little of both - the job attracts strong, competent women and the employer weeds out those who are not likely to respect authority, regardless of the gender (or race) of the authority figure.

Tv Shows About Fbi Agents

• Don Y

There is absolutely no shortage of intelligent, articulate, self confident, assertive women in the world and in the work place. As a male, I can tell you that a colleague of mine who shows those characteristics gets my respect ipso facto! Television aside, women in the real world exhibit much more admirable traits than fictional ones.

The definition of a strong woman in the workplace, is one who is confident, knowledgeable, competent and willing to share the work load with her co-workers. It is my good fortune, I guess, to have encountered no other type of female in my working life. Some of my professional peers, whom I most admire and respect, have been women. Just my good luck? Probably not, the odds favor such an occurrence, I'm sure.

I haven't ever seen any of those television shows. But, in real life, I've personally found that leadership is respected everywhere, male OR female, because a good leader makes life more profitable with less effort. When I was in the Army, then in field nursing with teams of other health care professionals and now with my own companies, men squabble to be on my team because, when everyone else is sitting up at 2 am finishing their paperwork, my guys are in bed and peacefully caught-up.

As for strength, you gotta have it as a man or female to lead. In real leadership, you have to have some mettle or willingness to push people hard in creative, respectful, inspirational ways. Men recognize and respect that kind of honorable leadership and follow it, regardless of genitalia. But, no one respects an "assigned" leader, male or female, who only has the job title and lacks true leadership skills. Men with "mommy" issues or chips on their shoulders don't make it through programs like the FBI training school. They're psychologically weeded out. Even the U.S. military is racheting-up those weed-out processes of men who are too emotionally disturbed to respect female or Black leadership, mostly due to the diplomatic nightmare of U.S. military personnel rapes of local girls in foreign postings and sexual assaults of U.S. female military personnel.

Background checks these days by security companies includes reviews of an applicant's Internet postings. Misogynistic postings and "memberships" on anti-female or racist sites are included in the report. Internet postings are not anonymous. Too much money is spent training people, like FBI agents, to lose a good female agent revolted by in-rank sexual harrassment. Men "marked" with anti-female emotional issues in large and global / international corporations shuts down all possibilities of promotion for that employee.

You forgot sexy and smart. And that is how it should be!! I think before women didn't get treated with respect but now they do because of the hurdles that women in law enforcement had to overcome.

I don't believe it happens in real life, sadly. But that's how it should be.

I'm a big crime show fan. =]

Those shows are total nonsense. Most likely to feed some pervert's fantasy.