What age do you think girls should start wearing make-up?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
like mascara and eye-shadow and eye-liner?
Best Answer
it depend on the girl
some don't look aged enuff to wear it so it just looks cheap.but a good realistic age to start is miiddle school
like 10-12
i know it sounds young
but just a little brush of eye make up will be okay
just don't go over bord
and most girls start at thet age anyways
it's kinnda part of fittin in
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (40)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Elle answered 6 years ago
    when ever they r mature enough to put it one right and not overlaod it. :} when they get older allow them to wear alittle bit more.. u know,
    • 2
    • Comment
  • bellabonita answered 6 years ago
    14 seems reasonable. highschool age. but not too much makeup. the "natural" look is suitable for every day.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Jordan,yo:D answered 6 years ago
    twelve.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Midoka answered 6 years ago
    12-14
    • 1
    • Comment
  • little_miss_me answered 6 years ago
    i was wearing make-up when i was 4 years old - present
    i was in dance and it was necessary we could not do recital
    if not i feel that when a child starts having intrest in make-up
    let them/ show them how i would go like full force mabe just a little powder and some blush depending on the age
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Ahoj answered 6 years ago
    i think girls should wear heavy make-up as LATE as possible. cause wearing too much make-up will ruin your skin. but the simple stuff like mascara, eye-shadow, and eye-liner, preferably late also. at least 16~18 ish. but dont over do it.

personally, i wouldnt wear make-up until i feel like i have something to hide, besides my pimples. >o< cause once you start wearing it, you'll think you'll look weird without it so youll keep on wearing it. soo i would wear it only for special occasions. :D
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Stephanie answered 6 years ago
    11
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Taylor Q answered 6 years ago
    When they are responsible enough to wash it off their face and wear it correctly. I would suggest taking her to a makeup counter in the mall and having them show the right way to put makeup on. Now a days you see so many girls with way too much eye liner and foundation.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sunshinee answered 6 years ago
    It all depends =) Whenever your ready ! Usually girls start wearing make up in middle school . Make sure you dont over apply make up on you though ! 10 Years from now it wont matter how you did your makeup .
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Suz answered 6 years ago
    14 is a good start for powder and mascara and sometimes eyeshadow, then at 15 wear the eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • MaDstyle answered 6 years ago
    I started practicing when I was 9 but didnt wear it till I was11 and by then I got good at and it my parents didnt even notice. Now I am older and I believe you should practice around 10 so you get good at it so when you want to wear it when your older you know how to.practice makes perfect!

When in doubt, dont guess.
    Just use less!!~mad-style~
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kimmy G. answered 6 years ago
    14 is about right. Lightly though. No need for a little girl to look like she is from the streets. Less is more.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • St-stammer answered 6 years ago
    All a matter of opinion. I'm 14, and have just started wearing light eye-shadow and mascara. I personally think eyeliner looks tacky. Far to heavy.
    Maybe at night it looks good, but definitely not a casual day thing...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kalyan Brota Sikder answered 6 years ago
    When they feel that it is the time. But in general after puberty they can start with a little bit.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Bobbie H answered 6 years ago
    14-15

saw 2 little girls on tv.. face full of make up.. they were 9 and 10. Def!!! too young. I started wearing a tiny bit at 14, and didnt start wearing base until right before i turned 16. Enjoy your youth while you can.. no need to rush into the make up scene.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • sublime answered 6 years ago
    the minimum age should be around 13. any younger and it would look funny. also when they know how to put it on.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Max S answered 6 years ago
    14, if your face hasent grown to fit body yet, then trust me, dont. Ya, like Cody said, NO GUY likes a girl with tons of makeup, natural beauty is the best. No guy is tough enough to say that out loud though :P
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Cody answered 6 years ago
    Never. I like girls better without make up. I think it should be saved for special occasions.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Caitleen R answered 6 years ago
    14
    maybe 13, thats when all their friends will start
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • <;3 answered 6 years ago
    Probably one or two years into middle school, which would probably be around the ages of 13-14.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Time T answered 6 years ago
    14 i would say... i hate it when young girls wear it, especially because they wear toooooo much, if you start earlier, then start light
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • iNsTaNt pUdDiNhEaD answered 6 years ago
    In my opinion, I don't think they need to wear makeup... at any age. ;)
    • 1
    • Comment
  • kate answered 6 years ago
    as early as they want to, make-up helps raise self esteem and i think that's good for any age.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Lynn L answered 6 years ago
    don't start till at least high school. i agree to say at late as possible cause if girls do it earlier and nobody else is, they get called *cough* names, unfortunetly.

truthfully, if possible, i think the later the better and if not at all then even better (except for special occasians)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Madeline answered 6 years ago
    I started at seventeen...

Maybe fifteen/sixteen is the right age
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • angelize290993 answered 6 years ago
    i think about age 13, it depends really on alot of things like if the girl looks any better with it on, or if they look much older then they actully are.
    my mum wouldnt let me wear make-up for ages.
    but if its you that wants to start wearing make-up, i wouldnt start wearing foundation of concealor unless you absoulotly have to, beacause it gets such a chor and after a while you will start to need it and youll regret starting to wear it so soon
    xxxx
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • chica_latina_sexy1992 answered 6 years ago
    I don't think women should wear makeup at any age unless they desperately need it.=]
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • tess!<333 answered 6 years ago
    14/15

any time they want really
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Stephanie S answered 6 years ago
    like 13 or 14
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock