Does anyone know how to make Coconut Toffee?? or any sweet by using Dessicated Coconut???answer and get your points now! he he he:)
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup milk
2 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon fresh butter
1 a few drops of vanilla essence
Directions: How to Cook Coconut Toffee
Mix both the milks together. Keep it on fire in a thick-bottomed vessel and bring to a boil. Add sugar and salt and cook on a slow fire stirring continuously. When the mixture thickens, test it by dropping a little in cold water. If it forms a soft ball, remove the vessel from fire, add butter and vanilla essence and again cook on a slow fire till it thickens. Pour it at once on a greased plate and cut into square pieces.
Makes 25 pieces.
Note: If prefered, any colour could be added.
by the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine
Yield: Makes 1 dozen (5-inch) cookies
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup toffee baking bits
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside. Place 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 30-second intervals until mixture is melted and smooth.
3. Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to chocolate mixture; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture; beat until blended. Stir in coconut, toffee bits and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough by heaping 1/3 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten with rubber spatula into 3-1/2-inch circles. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are just firm to the touch. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; slide parchment paper and cookies onto wire racks. Cool completely.
Pol Dosi (Coconut Toffee)
225 g Coconut 225 g Semolina
2 Cardamoms 1/2 ts Rose essence
350 g Sugar 1/2 ts Vanilla essence
125 ml Water 1/4 ts Cinnamon powder
Instructions for Pol Dosi (Coconut Toffee)
Grate the coconut and crush the cardamoms. Place the sugar and water in a pan, stir over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Add the semolina and continue to stir briskly until it is cooked. Add the coconut, cardamom, rose essence, vanilla essence, cinnamon and dash of food colouring and continue to stir until the mixture thickens. Pour into a flat, buttered dish, cut into squares and separate when cool.
From "A taste of Sri Lanka" by Indra JayasekeraSource(s): http://www.indiasnacks.com/recipe/174/Coconut-Toff... http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/chocolate-coconut... http://www.bigoven.com/6636-Pol-Dosi-(Coconut-Toff...
- 1 decade ago
try Macaroons. I don't have the measurements for the recipe, but you can still try it.
Mix dessicated coconut with condensed milk so that it becomes a wet paste. transfer spoonfuls of the mixture onto small paper-macaroon cups. sprinkle with cinnamon is desired. then bake for twenty minutes or less in an oven toaster or until the tops are firm but chewy. :)