Will a bankruptcy in my credit report affect my chances of getting assistance for medical school student loans

I recently went through a divorce that has left me financially suffocated and with the housing market being in a slump I've been unable to sell my house. I work full-time, go to school part-time, and 2 kids ages 5 & 6. I work to pay for the house and I am considering just letting it foreclose and declare... show more I recently went through a divorce that has left me financially suffocated and with the housing market being in a slump I've been unable to sell my house. I work full-time, go to school part-time, and 2 kids ages 5 & 6. I work to pay for the house and I am considering just letting it foreclose and declare bankruptcy to also wipe out a 20,000 credit card debt incurred the last 2 yr due to my financial needs and little help from my ex-husband.

I am pursuing a career in medicine and I love it! I want nothing more than to focus on my education, and sine it is a long enough career as it is I do not want to continue part-time. By me foreclosing and clearing my debt I will be able to get a modest apartment and stop working to attend school full-time while living off whatever help I get from my undergrad school and other loans.

I have the undergrad yrs covered with my 401K. My question is concerning my eligibility for the financial assistance I will need in medical school!