Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

which us military training is most strenuous?

which us military branch has the most strenuous or hardcore training? out of all of them ie navy seals, swcc, marines, army, army rangers, air force, pararescue, delta force, green beret, etc.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that the Pararescue is probably the longest and hardest of the 3 types of AF spec ops and the military in general. Mainly because of the length of training and the rigor of being a medic. The Marine Recon, Army Green Berets, and Air Force Combat Controllers are pretty hard and strenuous also.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Havoc
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I read some book once and it say Green Berets, Delta Force and Force Recon does some of the training in the US military.

It can't be Seals since it said Force Recon do more training than the Seals. Force Recon also do training that the Seals don't do because they consider it unnecessary.

• 1 decade ago

That's too broad and can never be answered without dozens of answers by people here who have never even went to any of the schools or training or better yet even served in any of these units posting here. So my best bet is to research on your own and YOU come up with your own conconclusion:

Special Missions Units

1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (SFOD-D) "Delta Force" (United States Army)

United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group "DEVGRU" (United States Navy)

24th Special Tactics Squadron - United States Air Force

Intelligence Support Activity (known under various codenames since 1989, including Centra Spike, Torn Victor and Gray Fox)

United States Army

75th Ranger Regiment ("Rangers")

160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) ("Night Stalkers")

United States Army Special Forces ("Green Berets")

4th Psychological Operations Group (Airborne)

95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne)

Special Operations Support Command (Airborne)

United States Navy

SEALs (Sea, Air, Land)

Special Boat Teams/ Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen(SWCC)

United States Air Force

352d Special Operations Group

353d Special Operations Group

720th Special Tactics Group

1st Special Operations Wing (Formerly the 16th Special Operations Wing)

27th Special Operations Wing

United States Marine Corps

Marine Special Operations Battalions (MSOBs)

Marine Special Operations Advisor Group (MSOAG)

Marine Special Operations Support Group (MSOSG

Marine Special Operations School (MSOS)

Marine Force Reconnaissance (Deep Reconnaissance and Direct Action) - 2nd Force Recon Company have been absorbed into the MSOB.

Marine Recon (Reconnaissance and Surveillance)

Click on the link and then go to each unit and see their training:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Special...

I been in some of the units and worked with more than half in peacetime and combat. I have also been to alot of the schools we all attend togethr jointly. Hardcore isn't used escept for video games and t-shrts. The is the realm of the professional. That's why you don't draft these individuals.

Good luck with your research and good question.

Source(s): US Army SFC, former airborne ranger infantry vet of Bosnia, Afghanistan and Iraq with the 82nd ABN and Eco 51st LRS, current JAG NCOIC with the Big Red One
  • 1 decade ago

i hear the marines and navy seals. are an elite few that make it. also members of the special forces like rangers in the army or green berets

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The softest and weakest is Air Force Intell wieners they hide under desks in Nebraska, Offut AFB for 4 years it is so00000000 hard that poor scotty could not hack more than 4 years of it.

YOu want tough go Marines, Airborne or Rangers, hell even Regular Infantry is GOOD.

"I Frighten nokia_navyseals" about the only think this cut and run coward is good for would be digging latrines, but he most likely would screw that up as well.

He is Jealous of real soldiers

• 1 decade ago

Actual military workouts ?

Then probally the Seals in Bud/s

Or Para rescue/CCT during the pipeline.

They are the only spec ops, to take people straight from Basic or AIT

And get them in shape, as well as train them.

SF, Delta, Force recon, etc.

All expect you to be in proper physical shape, BEFORE you apply.

They expect you to know you must be in great shape, and to keep yourself there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it would all be hard to tell you the truth but I've heard the US Airforce isn't quite as bad. You would really have to be in good shape, physically fit, and healthy to do any of it I'd presume. That is why they always want the young people to join the military and fight our wars. We old standbys are too old and fat and out of shape to even turn on the televison with our remote controls! That's pretty sad to a woman who ran track team, could stand on her head, bicycled, loved to dance, and played on the girls' football team, and could go up a rope like nothing else, and go mountain climbing too.

• Amy S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You're asking us to compare apples and oranges.

For Boot Camp/Basic Training, USMC Boot Camp is typically known for being the longest and the toughest.

For specialized training, most of us have no idea. I've heard BUDS training for Navy SEALS is extremely difficult. Of course, you must get through boot, apply yourself, and hope to qualify to ask for a chance to get BUDS training.

• 1 decade ago

Shock and Awe hit the nail on the head. Unless there is some Chuck Norris-esque badass who has been to all of those schools, no one can say which is hardest.

They are all too hardcore for me.

• 1 decade ago

Army Special Forces is the longest and Hardest physically and mentallly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.