i'm a little lost about Lost season 4. can some1 help?

ok i have a few questions..

1. Did Claire die? why is it that she was able to go with her father, and is he alive or they're just seeing his spirit?

2. If Desmond saw in his flashes that Claire was getting on a helicopter with the baby, why didn't it happen? that means Charlie died in vein..

3. How did Locke get on the mainland, and why did everyone hate him so much that nobody wanted to come to his funeral? (well nobody will probably know this one cuz we'll have to wait till season 5)

4. why didn't Jack want to see Claire's baby if it was his nephew? at first i thought it was Sawyers baby, then that would make sense, but since it's Claire's and she's his sister it doesn't make sense..

5. and last question, does anyone know what exactly is Ben doing on the island, and what's the purpose of the Other's on the island?

agh.. i have so many questions, it's driving me crazy! =] i can't believe we still have to wait nearly a year for the next season!

Update:

lol yeah Hai, i guess we're all kinda ..well lost.. for question 4 i know Jack was allowed to see Aaron but he didn't WANT to. cuz remember when she came out of the courtroom she told him that until he'll want to see Aaron they can't have any relationship..

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My *guesses* :

1. There are a lot of dead-alive people on the island - Jack's dad; Mr Echo's Bro. But also the image of Walt, and Claire, who we have no reason to believe are dead. Maybe these are just emissaries of the island, and can be either.

2. Desmond's flashes aren't always accurate. They're probably flashes of possible futures. Or maybe Claire will leave he island in a helicopter, just not at the end of S4.

3. I think he's kind of hated a lot now, so that might explain things. Possibly the end of S3 Jack was a later Jack than the ones we saw in flash-forwards throughout S4 - he certainly was no longer friends with Jack. I think that might be post S5 occurrences(?)

4. Again, something must happen between the happy Jack/Kate in S4, and that shown in the last episode of both S3 and S4. It must(!) be all plotted out somewhere.

5. I think there are 2/3 factions involved. There's the Others, who are guardians of the island, made up of people who have been there (and alive) for a long time. Hence old statues and the like (recall the huge foot statue end of S2?) ... made up of defected Darma guys and original others, and other recruits (like Locke). Then there's the nasty people under Widmore - who was probably a Darma backer. Out to find and exploit the Island for their own personal gain. But I also think The Others have lesser/greater connection to the island itself. So Jacob is the embodiment of the island, and Walt and Locke are closer to it's truth then maybe others. And Ben strayed a bit, so he might not be that close. Down to doing what it asks.

It is all so confusing. And JJ Abrahms has a habit of not tidying everything up!

Next Season is out in Sept/Oct I'd have thought (in US at least...)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. Did Claire die? no one knows yet.

2. If Desmond saw in his flashes that Claire was getting on a helicopter with the baby, why didn't it happen? yeah, pretty much. but aaron did get on a helicopter so...

3. How did Locke get on the mainland, and why did everyone hate him so much that nobody wanted to come to his funeral?

yeah, we dont know yet. that's the big mystery.

4. why didn't Jack want to see Claire's baby if it was his nephew? because he's ashamed of everything that happened. it doesnt feel right for him seeing his half-nephew being raised by someone else when his mom/jack's half sister is still on the island.

5. and last question, does anyone know what exactly is Ben doing on the island, and what's the purpose of the Other's on the island? if we knew what was going on, it wouldnt be that interesting of a show.

• 1 decade ago

1) Not sure. There's no for-sure proof.

2) Maybe- we'll have to wait for s5, maybe she was kidnapped *suspenseful music*

3) We don't know yet.

4) Jack wasn't allowed to see Aaron. Kate was taking care of Aaron, something happened between Kate and Jack and now he can't see him.

5) idk

lol...didn't help much huh? I'm pretty sure we are suppose to be lost :D

• 1 decade ago

Here is a description from every episode of Lost season 4-

http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/episode_guide.ht...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.