is there any way to change your yahoo e mail address without creating a new account?

and if you can is there any way to redirect e mail sent to the old address to the new address?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can't change your ID but, you can have an extra e-mail address that is linked to the ID. All e-mails will be in the same inbox.

1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page.

2. Under “Management”, click Mail Addresses.

3. In the “Extra Email Address” section, click Get Started.

4. Either type whatever new address you’d like to try (we’ll tell you if it’s already taken), or use one of our suggestions on the right.

5. Click Choose.

Now your extra address appears in the list of Yahoo! Mail accounts shown on this page. To help prevent spamming, we only allow you to change your extra address twice in one year.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/to...

If you have the All New Mail

1. Click the options.

2. On the left had side click the accounts.

3. Go down to extra mail address.

4. Click the get started.

This other link will show you how to use the extra e-mail address as the default.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/to...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. You have to create a new account...If you want emails from your old address to your new one I think you have to have the Yahoo Mail Plus and you can do forwarding there. You can set up something to have your email forwarded.

• 4 years ago

You can have two email addresses on the same Yahoo account. The same password works on either one. Just go to your account page & create a new address. They will both go to same inbox too.

• Jacob
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you can auto forward emails through a pop3 account. no way to change the address without just signing up a new one though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the same problem with me too with a little bit change. i want to edit my HOTMAIL email address..plz tell the solution if u have..

• 1 decade ago

Nope,

It sucks,

But you just cant.

However changing you email, often gets rid of SPAM, and whatnot, and is an easy way to clean up your email list.

GOOD LUCK

• 1 decade ago

try look in the options they have that at hotmail so they should have it on yahoo too.

• 1 decade ago

same thing i wanted to know...

• 1 decade ago

sorry i dont think so

• 1 decade ago

IMA SORRY...there is no way!!! ♠

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.