Why did Bush shut down the solar energy project if we need more energy?

Does this not prove that Bush is trying to destroy this country. Isn't that free energy directly related to the price of gas. Could someone please explain what purpose he is doing by stopping solar power, other than bringing down the country.
Update: ned you better do some research solar has come a long way. you can actually run your house on it now.
Update 2: Krytox It was Bush who shut it down Not the tree huggers and try to get out of your partisn mode and just look at the problems
Update 3: smsmith; by itself no but it does prove how stupid the voters are in that state. Bush has done many things like this and I think if you look around I don't have to prove it. It is self evident.
Update 4: You people who think solar power is no good just have not got the facts strait. we cannot make it perfect if we continue to stay with oil. that solar project would give us a lot of energy and we could have reduced our dependance on foign oil. I thought that's what we wanted. Did you know that right now we could... show more You people who think solar power is no good just have not got the facts strait. we cannot make it perfect if we continue to stay with oil. that solar project would give us a lot of energy and we could have reduced our dependance on foign oil. I thought that's what we wanted. Did you know that right now we could put up 1 satillite and that would give us the same power as 33 coal fired power plants. now that's solar power that doesn't work?