Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

ARMY TRIVIA....Can you name the 12 Army Generals who became President?

Favorite Answer

Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, Garfield, Benjamin Harrison and Dwight D. Eisenhower were Republicans.

George Washington, belonged to no party, and William Henry Harrison and Zachary Taylor were elected as Whigs.

Andrew Jackson, Franklin Pierce and James Garfield were elected as Democrats.

Democratic former general Andrew Johnson of Tennessee, was Abraham Lincoln's running mate in 1864, and became president after Lincoln's assassination.

On July twenty fifth the Senate demonstrated the promoting of Lieutenant General Ann E. Dunwoody to the rank of General. She is the primary feminine to gain 4-megastar rank within the Army. However, for the reason that of the authorized barrier on ladies serving in fight palms positions, it's dubious that any girl might be appointed as Army Chief of Staff by way of a President. That is not a definite "no means" for the reason that the brand new Air Force Chief of Staff isn't from the fighter pilot neighborhood. BTW, inform your sister that attendance and final touch of the path on the Command and General Staff College (a 10 month path) does no longer outcomes in a Masters' measure.

George Washington

William Henry Harrison

Zachary Taylor

U.S. Grant

James Garfield

Eisnehower

Andrew Jackson, Rutherford B. Hayes, Chester A. Arthur, Benjamin Harrison Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce.

The first six I got on my own...the rest I needed Google for

(Hey at least I admit it!)

John McCain

Colin Powell

Norman Schwarzkopf

Amos Halftrack

no but I could probably name several. Holy **** there were 12?

Washington

Grant

Eisenhower

Tyler

uhm... guess not