sadsad asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Ab Routine?

I know for arms and legs and almost every part of your body you kinda need to diverse your workouts, AKA Muscle confusion so that your body doesn't get used to the workout and the results will show faster. (Learned that from Tony Horton's P90X)

I took some of Tony's workouts and made my own workout with adding some of my exercises for every part of the body (chest, legs, arms etc) and also a different routine every week, meaning one week is using heavy weights and getting big and the other week is cutting. I also do cardio on a regular basis and I do abs everyday. Also a low calorie and high protein diet.

Now I'm wondering if for the abs I need to make a different routine every week or It doesn't matter as long as you do it everyday. I've been doing the same routine for about 3 months now everyday and I've seen MAJOR improvements but now it's really slowing down.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you are doing great. I think that muscle confusion will do the same for abs. You should see results just like confusing the rest of your muscles. Also maybe give them a rest 1 day per week or maybe even 2. Muscles grow and develop during rest. It would be like doing chest everyday. At some point there is going to be a plateau or injury.

as quickly as you do sit down down ups, it basically strengthens the abs muscle mass. it would not make you lose fat. yet incredibly, it is going to advance. So with a view to have optimum effects, you would be able to desire to a minimum of put in a minimum of 0.5-hour of extensive cardio exercising consultation. each and every and all the main suitable!

Muscle Confusion DEFINITELY works. I don't see why it wouldn't be effective for abs as well.

http://obsessionfitness.com/p90x-extreme-home-fitn...