How can I make my car doors to close quiet?

I have a Mazda Protege 1991. Its doors close excellent but loud! I have lubricated them, it works great but still closing LOUD!!!

What can I do??

What can I do??

I HAVE INCLUDED THE YEAR FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES, DAH!!

Favorite Answer

not alot, the noise is made from the size of the doors, the seal around the door apeture and amplfied by the door itself and has very little to do with the catch itself, you can try to fit thicker door seals but then it will be harder to close the doors you can also try fitting sound deadoning behind the door cards but makesure it doesnt interfere with the windows opening/closing etc.

that is assuming that the noise complaint is the bang it makes when it shuts, if it is a creek then it is most likely the catch between the hinges that stop the door opening too far

wd40 wont do anything it will just drip off, go buy white lithium grease it is water proof and will stick to the hinges very good and i bet it will get rid of the noise. I used it on a door that was so rusty it would barely open and it works prefect now.

I don't think you can do anything about it. It's just how some cars are made.

I used to have a 2000 Honda Prelude and it's doors slammed hard.

My Bimmer today shuts very softly.

maybe it's because the Honda was a coupe and the Bimmer is a sedan.

If it is the hinges clean them with brake cleen and lube with either a silicone spray or spay grease like tac2, dont use wd40 or crc as it dries out.

if it is a big thud when door shuts change the rubbers

• Edg1

Try getting some foam insulation at the automotive store. It comes on a roll and has one sticky side.

use ramaat on the inside of the door, its a sound insulator and vibration damper. its gonna be some work.

spray WD40

replace the door sealing rubber (trim). that will solve the problem.

why do we have to know the year? lol