Why, when I added a friend of mine did the IMViroments and Audibles turn grey and are unusable for his account

Cant send Audibles

Cant change background

He cant see Smiley Central icons

The rest of my friends have everything

HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Best Answer

They probably disabled Audibles and IMVironments in their Preferences or the other reason could be that you have added a Windows Live Messenger friend which is possible via Yahoo Messeneger and vice versa. Some features are not available in that case.

I also wanted to warn you about Smiley Central and advise you to uninstall it and any tool bars such as the MyWay toolbar or MyWebSearch toolbar that you installed with it. This is a known program that installed tons of adware on your computer and possible spyware. You are also going to have to scan for spyware and adware using spyware scanners. Some free ones are Ad-Aware 2008, Spybot Search and Destroy, Windows Defender, and Spyware Terminator. Top rated commercial ones which offer more protection due to having top notch real time protection (shields and advanced scanning processes) are Webroot Spy Sweeper and Spyware Doctor.

Before installing any program, especially free ones that often come bundled with spyware/adware (though not all of course), it is important to do research and see if they are legitimate and safe. If you were to google Is Smiley Central Safe you would find a lot of links that at least would warn you to stay away from it due to the adware spyware that have been reported. I am giving you advice from my own experiences too not just research. I did not know any better 4 years ago when I had my first laptop and installed it only to find literally hundreds of things that had been put on my computer when I ran the spyware scanners. I was able to clean up my computer but it took a couple scans at least.

In addition no one but you can see the smileys anyways unless they also have it installed which would mean another person's computer getting infected.

Well, I hope that I have helped a little bit even if it was about more than you asked! Good luck!

• Malone

Your friend probably disabled then on his/her end