dancer14 asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

how to deal????all serious answers appreciated!?

How do you deal with grief??

my beloved cat just died and i know that you might think that i am crazy but i loved this cat...how do i deal with the grief.

fyi he was the BEST cat!

Best Answer

Thats not crazy, its natural--any good owner will have to deal with that loss. When you care for animals properly, they are almost like your children.

Everyone deals with grief differently, it really depends on you. I'm a reader, so I would go and read books about people and animals...Marley and Me (is about a dog, but still) was one of my favorites--about how quirky animals can be, crazy and silly, but you love them despite (and sometimes because of) those things. I have friends who are artistic, so they will make collages of things they used to do with their critter, or pictures of them. Others will write down great stories about things that they did. They point is, you need to honor their memory--think of all the great times, the funny times, the ridiculous times. The things that made him the great kitty he was. And don't forget--as much as we choose them, they choose us, too. You thought he was the best cat--I bet he thought you were the best human.

Good luck. There is no simple solution, unfortunately. It will get better, though. You will always miss him, but the pain does lessen.

Source(s): animal lover/owner for many years--I've lost several critters, and its never easy.
  • Kris L

Go get yourself a new kitten NOW. You will grieve for you beloved old pet, but the new kitten will help you through the grief. If this was the BEST cat, it's because YOU were such a good cat owner ... and now that you don't have a cat to love, some other little cat NEEDS YOU. I'll pray for your old cat, and for you, and I'll pray that the new kitten brings you much happiness. Now, turn of your computer and go straight to the shelter and pick out a new kitty ... for BOTH of your sakes!

Have a good cry for a while. It usually helps with the pain inside. It's normal to feel that way when losing some significant part of our life.

But don't stay there for a long time, instead honor your cats memory in going on with your life. If there comes a time in the future you'll feel good again to look for a new one all the better but don't push that idea so soon.

For now, say goodbye with some sobs and look at some picture of the two of you and say: "Darn! you're the best cat ever. I will miss you forever."

You are not crazy! losing a loved one, whether its a cat, family member, or friend is very hard. I found it best to remember the memories that brought you joy. Think of all the quirky things it did and remember all the love it gave to you. It is hard and it hurts deeper than any cut or injury.

I promise you, it gets better. One day, hopefully somewhat soon, you will get another cat. It will not be the same cat, but it too will love you if you love it. And over time you will love that cat just as much. And it will be just as special but in different ways. Believe me, I've gone through it a few times and it never gets easier, but its worth it.

Try to remember, as much as you hurt now, if you never had that cat you never would have known how special he/she was and how good they made you feel. The pain you feel now is worth all the joy and love you had over the years.

I am very sorry about your cat dying and I hope you feel better soon. You have to greeve and how to do this is to think about your kitty and how you gave her a good life in your home. Remember her by making a scrap book of memories and pictures.

There are so many homeless animals all over the place that are so deprived of a good life. I am sure she had a happy life with you loving her.

Don't be sad, it is part of life and missing her will get better with time.

Dancer I am so sorry for your loss. It will get better with time I promise. I know, I lost my cat 6 years ago and I still miss her sometimes and I sometimes cry about it also.( I saw her get hit by a SUV, the Sh!thead saw me trying to get her out of the street and he didn't even slow down or stop!) Anyway enough of me, your cat was very special to you and it is OK to miss and grieve for him. He was a member of your family and from your words a very important friend! It does get better and I hope that you will get another pet when the time is right for you, when that time comes please check your local shelter as there are plenty of good friends that need your home and the love that you have to offer. Again I am sorry for your loss.

well i think that for some time you should just

LET IT ALL OUT!

And cry your heart out for some time

then you should bury him the right way

and visit him often

i also suggest you get a cat similar to him

but make sure your not replacing your pain

with the new cat

if you can a kitten similar to him

that way you can think that your old cat

lives in him now

but always make sure to luv your new cat for him

dont just luv him because he replaced your old cat

or because your still holding on to your cat

maybe you can even try using your old cats toys for your new cat and see how he plays with them!

or you can make a section in your closet or room dedicated to your old cat! I Hope I Have Helped! PLZ Let Me Know!

Aww poor kitty. The best thing to do is get a few pictures and make a spot in your house that represents your kitty, maybe put its toys and other things that make you remember the kitty. (Its fun thing to do to remember your kitty) Then stay completely away from it for one day, Get out of the house and try to have a fun, just make it a "You " day. Then when you come home, you will be feeling good and whenever you see you shrine to your kitty, you'll think about the good days and not feel any grief. This worked for me,

Im sorry about your loss, i love kittys.

Source(s): Personal Experiance.

First...I am so sorry for your loss, I hope your heart heals soon.

Second... I find that the best way to begin this process is to make something special to remember the precious memories in a positive way.

Make a scrapbook or memory box with pictures, stickers and items that were memorable to you and your kitty. A favorite toy, the label off the can of the cat food he/she liked, etc.

Things like this help to keep your mind focused and allow the time needed to heal your heart.

God Bless.

• I have always find comfort in her words:-

You are experiencing grief as the result of a major personal loss in your life, the death of a beloved pet. People grieve following all types of losses in life. Unfortunately, many people do not realize that it is common to feel that the loss of a dear pet may be just as painful as the loss of a human loved one.

We are all unique; as are our ways in which we express our grief. Typical reactions that comprise grief include denial, crying, anger and inability to complete routine tasks and responsibilities. As we deal with our loss and come to accept it, these symptoms usually diminish.

Should your grief continue to negatively impact your functioning after approximately six to twelve months, it may be beneficial to seek professional help.

To grieve in a healthy manner, you must give yourself permission to feel all of the aforementioned feelings and to acknowledge the significant role your pet played in your life. Engaging in a personalized memorial ritual, like creating a scrapbook about the pet or planting a special tree or bush in the pet’s honor, can help relieve sadness as it commemorates the special place the pet will forever hold in your mind and in your heart.