Is it the law for dental offices to put lead aprons on patients during an x-ray?

I just moved to Maryland and went to a new dentist. It didn't dawn on me until I got home, but when they took a panoramic dental x-ray, they didn't put any kind of protection on me like a lead apron. I'm a 21 year old female and I'm worried that the radiation may have hurt my eggs or anything else... show more I just moved to Maryland and went to a new dentist. It didn't dawn on me until I got home, but when they took a panoramic dental x-ray, they didn't put any kind of protection on me like a lead apron. I'm a 21 year old female and I'm worried that the radiation may have hurt my eggs or anything else that could affect my future children's health.

I am wondering if other dental offices don't put aprons on their patients also or if this is abnormal. The place looked really nice and the people were nice too, it's not like it was some gross scary place where neglect could happen. I will ask them next time I go which will be soon why they didn't put a lead apron on me, but until then I constantly worry about my future children's health. I don't know why I didn't think about this when I was there, but if I had I would have definitely spoken up.