Question about main circuit breaker at my house?

The main circuit breaker on the side, at the outside out my house is overheating and pops. All electricity inside the house gets turned off when this hapens. It tends to happen whenever I use the AC on a hot day. The electrician says that this 90 AMP circuit breaker needs to be replaced. The problem is that he... show more The main circuit breaker on the side, at the outside out my house is overheating and pops. All electricity inside the house gets turned off when this hapens. It tends to happen whenever I use the AC on a hot day. The electrician says that this 90 AMP circuit breaker needs to be replaced. The problem is that he says that they don't make these 90 AMP circuit breakers anymore. They only have them in 100 AMP. He says it's safe to go up from 90 to 100 AMP.

Is this safe to do at my house? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Update: I forgot to mention that this 90 amp circuit breaker is the main circuit breaker to the house. On the panel outside the house, there are 2 circuit breakers. One for the main, and one for the AC. The AC breaker is OK. Only the main 90 amp circuit breaker trips when I use the AC. The AC was tested, and the AC... show more I forgot to mention that this 90 amp circuit breaker is the main circuit breaker to the house. On the panel outside the house, there are 2 circuit breakers. One for the main, and one for the AC. The AC breaker is OK. Only the main 90 amp circuit breaker trips when I use the AC. The AC was tested, and the AC was not the root cause of this problem. The main circuit breaker was the problem.
Update 2: So is it safe to upgrade my 90 amp circuit breaker to a 100 amp circuit breaker?