Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Would u give oil tygoons huge tax breaks like Bush and McSame?

I would give them 24 hours to stop war profiteering or get a free lifetime vaccation in Leavenworth

Favorite Answer

No, we need to do something different.

I believe the oil companies need to be nationalized and the profits go back to the people in the form of lower taxes.Same with our communications systems.

Where I live in China as a transplanted American, both are nationalized and a gallon of gas costs about a buck less, and my cell phone bill is obscenely little. About $15 a month and I use it extensively.

Plus, I pay zero sales tax, and tax on a home is very small to non existent, plus I have no income tax, despite that I make considerably more then the average person.

There is a lot of revenue to be made off of both which gives the people more disposable income. A win for the government, a win for the people, a win for our economy. It will just pizzzz off the fat cats, one that some love to support, yet they don't give a rats behind about their supporters.

We often hear that the oil companies have a vested interest to give alternative energy only lip service. What better way to take care of that problem then put energy in the hands of the people. We need a Manhatten type of program to help eliminate our dependance on foreign oil while putting on the fast track alternative energy sources. The oil companies will fight both till all we will have left is a drop in the bucket of what we really need, all while we, the tax payer, continues to give them welfare bucks.

What I fail to understand, people will fight tooth and nail to support the oil companies while continuing to pay high energy prices (at a profit that lines the pocket of the fat cat, who doesn't give one hoot about them.) and pay high taxes to boot. Kind of like, shooting themselves in the head just to prove they can. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm a capitalist, but when it comes to this, I must put my foot down and say, enough is enough.

Case in point, in Venezuela, who has nationalized oil, they pay 13 cents a gallon.

http://fabulously40.com/article/2171/Price-of-gas-...

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph/ene_gas_pri-...

Think about it.

===============

Life is so simple, but we insist on making it complicated

Confucius

551 - 479 BC

===============

Peace

Jim

.

Source(s): I am still waiting to hear from someone why this won't work. Saying its communist, or socialist, or any other catch phrase does not explain why this won't work. An explanation of why it would be damaging for America, or other reasons why it would be unsound is what I am waiting for, for months now.

Yes. I suppose you support excessively taxing them so they stall production, cease any exploration and prices rise even more at the pump.

I would... could you imagine how much we would be paying if oil didnt have tax breaks... they would just pass on what they owe to the consumer... uumm thats US so if you want to pay more tax em....

• Max50

Sure tax them and they pass that tax unto us.

What a great deal.

NOT!

No, lets tax them to death and then nationalize them like good communists

Sure... why not!!?

all the Oil CEO's did admitted that they all work for European Oil Corporations