Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 1 decade ago

Airlines fligh rules! Can someone explain me these 4 phrases. Some acronyms...?

Hey, I need to know what all these means...I can guess, but I prefer to be sure for 100 % before I purchase any ticket. Thanks for any help :)

AA FACTS

1.SSR OTHS 1S ISSUE TICKETS FOR GF FLIGHTS

2.SSR OTHS 1S BY 03JUL08 2059GMT OR GF WILL CANCEL

3.SSR OTHS 1S WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE

4.SSR OTHS 1S GF DO NOT ACCEPT TKNM

Favorite Answer

those are OSI's to the agency that is issuing the ticket. usually those are automatized messages that airlines set depending on the ticket restrictions.

SSR --> airline message or OSI

the airline in this case GF (Gulf Air) is asking for issuance of tickets by 3Jul08 or the reservation will auto-cancel without any other notice to the agency.

This airline will not accept as tickets numbers a manual ticket number. the tickets will need to be issued electronically so airline will not cancel.

in the old times when an airline used to give this message to the travel agents, we used to input "fake" ticket numbers so the reservation will not auto-cancel.

so the last line is saying that GF will not accept manual ticket numbers but only e-ticket information.

basically ask your agency to issue tickets before 3Jul or you will loose your space but 3Jul GMT (Greenwich Mean Time or World Time)

Source(s): 18 yrs experience as travel agent