T L man asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

What was the T.V. schedule for NASCAR when ESPN, TNN, and CBS did the cup races?

I've been wanting to know this for a long time, was the same as it is today, or was it like what MRN and PRN radio does.

Favorite Answer

Before the new tv packages that NASCAR established in 2001, the races were sold to networks on a per race basis. CBS typically had the Daytona 500, spring Talladega race, and the June Michigan race every year among a couple others. ABS usually showed the spring Atlanta race and the Brickyard 400 each year. Most of the other races were either on ESPN or TNN. You pretty much had to use a TV guide to look up what network had the race on a particular weekend.

Source(s): NASCAR fan since 1989.

I'm not sure. Back in those days it seemed like it could be on any of them on a weekend.

I know for sure though its not like the 2001-2006 deal with FOX/FX & NBC/TNT or the current 2007-2014 deal with FOX, TNT, ESPN & ABC.

the races started at 12pm est every sun.