chase c asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

im starting a grooming business and i want to know what is the best ear cleaner,shampoo,flea & tick dip.?

I want the best. im going to need all equipment as i have nothing right now and need a little help so i can order what I need. thanks alot

Favorite Answer

I use the Heal-a-Pet Ear Cleaner (it's all natural). For shampoo I prefer Fresh N' Clean - scented. They smell great for weeks. I also use that brand's conditioner as well. I don't use flea & tick dip so I can't help you there.

Will you also be trimming and cutting nails?

The best ear cleaner, shampoo's and Conditioners are made by a company called "Kelco Industries". I've worked at 3 different grooming shops and that is the only shampoo all the groomers use. That shampoo is also used for dogs that are shown in confirmation with the AKC.

http://kelcoshampoo.com/

Personally I love Chris Christiensen's line of products. His Mystic Ear (cleaner) is amazing! I use the Clarifying Shampoo for my first bath and then follow with one of his other products depending on coat type/color. The website for his products is www.chrissystems.com I don't use any dips (not feasable with mobile grooming), but I love Nature's Specialties for their flea shampoos/treatments (actually the whole line is great). Most groomers will use trial and error to see what works best for them. When you have your business license, you can contact manufacturers and most are really good about sending free samples (after you show them proof of business). Les Poochs line of products and tools is THE best, but super expensive. It depends on how your salon is set up (hydobath or hand shampooing), how you want dogs to look, and your budget. Good luck :)

Source(s): Mobile dog groomer

i use therapet shampoos /groomers.com/ they all natural and tearless and yet they clean good , my costumers love it , i also use the conditioner from this company on every dog great for matted dogs or just to give a silky finish and u dont need any colognes after that, for fleas- adams worked the best so far, for ear cleaning i use pro-ear /petedge.com/

if u need bows go to ebay you can get very good deals there.

good luck on your business, dont forget to give hugs and kisses and belly rubs with each groom ;o)

Don't they teach you that in grooming school?